37

"Go Wilson go!"

The German Shepherd bolted through the backyard after his favorite Carolina blue frisbee. Harrison and Carrie watched with excitement as he timed his jump perfectly and caught the frisbee in mid air.

He jogged all the way back with the frisbee. Each time he ran back, his little legs moved slower and slower, and his breathing became heavier and heavier.

Wilson sat down in front of Carrie and Gary, and let the frisbee fall from his mouth as he rolled onto his side. "Wilson, is your daddy tiring you out?" Carrie asked as she rubbed his belly.

He didn't have enough energy to even bark. Instead, he just laid on his side with his tongue sticking out of his mouth.

Wilson was getting so big now. When Carrie first met him and Harrison, he was a little puppy. Now he was a lot bigger than Gary.

Harrison knelt down and rubbed his belly along with Carrie. "Who's a good boy?"

With what looked like the last of his energy, Wilson ran over and jumped on Harrison, forcing him to fall back on his butt. He then jumped onto his daddy's lap. Harrison rubbed his head as he laid his head on his thigh and enjoyed the massage.

Gary jumped off Carrie's lap. He proceeded to slowly walk around her and to the basket where all the dogs toys were kept. Gary came back with his favorite Lion toy.

He sat back down in front of Carrie with Lion clenched between his teeth. She watched him chew on it and get it to squeak. That was when she noticed Lion was headless.

"Gary, you decapitated Lion."

Harrison snickered from beside her. Carrie leaned back and pulled the basket around to her side where she dug through all the toys to find Lion's head at the very bottom.

He laughed even harder when Carrie threw the head at him. "Geez Gary."

Carrie was able to steal Lion's body from Gary and toss it to Harrison who lined up the head on the body. "Perfect decapitation."

"Gary, what did you do to poor Lion?"

Just watching his parents play with what was left of Lion, he rested his head on his paws and stuck his tongue out.

"I wonder if this is a coincidence," Harrison admitted. "Because we go to Detroit to play the Lions this weekend."

"There you go. Gary's predicting the game."

Just then, Gary ran over to Harrison and tried to pull Lion's body free of his grasp. That was how Lion got decapitated so easily. From all the tug of war.

Carrie reached into the basket and found Gary's favorite rope. "Gary!"

He let go of what was left of Lion and ran over to Carrie. She held one end out to him and gripped the other. Gary was surprisingly strong for a small dog. He continued to pull until Carrie rolled onto her side.

Then Wilson jumped off Harrison's lap and bit the rope next to Gary. As soon as Carrie sat back up, both dogs began to pull. They pulled her over again.

Harrison helped her to her feet and together they played against Wilson and Gary. The game of tug a war went on for a few minutes. It moved across the backyard as Gary and Wilson pulled their way, and Harrison and Carrie pulled theirs.

Once Harrison put his body into it, they were pulling their dogs across the yard until they finally gave in and let go of the rope. With the rope in one hand, he gave Carrie a high five. Then the looked down at their exhausted dogs and laughed.

Is it bad I'm working on chapter 53 and you guys are on 37?

The Guy Named Harrison: Book OneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara