Junior 1

.

.

.

.

..........M.E.R.I.D.I.A.N......L.I.G.H.T.S..........

.

.

I greeted 2006 with a lot, and I meant a lot, of homework.

The second semester of the school year was quite busy. The teachers seemed hellbent to throw in at least one to two projects weekly and five to six assignments daily. It was insane. Nevertheless, I was able to juggle my time between schoolwork and skating.

I did return to Japan at least once a month, staying only for about two days during the weekends. It was difficult since I had to leave directly on Friday after school to catch my flight. It was worth it though since I need the instructions and guidance of my coach there.

It also helped that Shoma was there. He officially became my personal squish ball. Those chubby cheeks of his really begged to be squished and played around with. He inadvertently and unwillingly became my stress reliever.

Aside from my monthly trip to Japan, I also began training again at the mall rink. There were still many guest skaters around but not so much as last year so my space in the rink got larger. It seemed the hype was slowly dying down. In the end, skating wasn't really popular in the Philippines. The Filipinos focused more on volleyball and basketball.

Now that the people were dwindling down, I was able to be trained properly again by Coach Edmund. He guided me through my triples and implemented the programmed exercises set by Coach Omura. With the combined guidance of both my coaches, I was able to improve leaps and bounds.

My body became toned and strong enough to withstand my current programs without being thoroughly exhausted afterward. There was still room for improvement, especially in the future when I get more taxing programs.