Dirty Elana

.

.

.

.

..........M.E.R.I.D.I.A.N......L.I.G.H.T.S..........

.

.

Ok, calm down! I'm the grown-ass woman here.

I shook my head and replied.

I'll chat you later, busy atm...

It was pretty chilly outside. I wore a crimson cardigan on top of my plain white blouse and denims. I hurriedly brushed my hair and put on strawberry tinted lip balm. My lips tend to get dry in cold weather.

It wasn't too long before I saw that familiar curly hair in the middle of the crowd. Javier waved at me with a broad grin on his face.

I mean, I could always give Pooh-san after dinner. I need to stock up on supplies before it gets too dark outside. Know how troublesome it was to scavenge for food in the middle of the night?

"Ready?" Javier started stretching like he's going on a marathon.

"Dude, it's not like we're going on a vacation far far away."

"Maybe not, but it is going to be several blocks away."

"Seriously? The nearest one is right across the road." I gestured my hands in that direction. We could practically see the neon signs of the store blinking cheerfully.

"Where's the fun in that? Don't you have a sense of adventure?" Before I could protest he started walking with hands pocketed in that red and white baseball jacket of his, whistling a jolly tune.

"Wha- yo- Fernandez...! Ahh..." I tilted my head backward before helplessly following the spaniard's escapade. "Coach Brian's going to kill us if we're out too late."