α ℓιттℓє вιт σf crυѕн

.

.

.

.

..........M.E.R.I.D.I.A.N......L.I.G.H.T.S..........

.

.

Meryl and I were casually chatting mundane topics just to pass the time in this banquet party. Like the gala exhibition, it was my first time attending a banquet. Generally, only senior competitions have banquets to boast of.

My first senior competition was the Nebelhorn Trophy, which didn't have a banquet when I took part in it, and the next senior competition I attended was the Vancouver Olympics... Vancouver did have a banquet. It was more of a general banquet between the medalists, the top skaters, and the media... I wasn't too comfortable attending it, so I didn't.

It slipped my mind that seniors have banquets, that's why here I was, wearing a simple blue dress as compared to the other exquisite and eye-catching dresses that the other women were wearing. Meryl herself wore a very stunning grey flowy dress with small crystals embedded in it. 

"So, you don't think of Charlie, you know, in that way?" I hesitantly asked, broaching the topic. When I first saw Meryl in the hall, thoughts of Skater A and Skater B that I accidentally saw yesterday night immediately resurfaced. I tried to keep it in but the curiosity got the better of me.

"Yeah," Meryl immediately answered, certainty clear in her voice, "Charlie? Please! I mean, we've grown up together so I think of him as more of a... brother-figure? Something like that."

"Oh." I nodded, lost in thought.

I always thought Charlie and Meryl had a thing together. It dawned on me that the 'thing' between them originated from the shipping that their fans did. I felt incredibly silly because I believed the very rumors that I detested.

"You understand, right? I heard you're in the same relationship with Hanyu."

"Let me guess... Ashley."