2010 инк тяσρну 4

.

.

.

.

..........M.E.R.I.D.I.A.N......L.I.G.H.T.S..........

.

.

October 22, 2010

I watched on concernedly when Mao ended her short program. She made vital mistakes in her sequences and when she popped a triple into a single, her scores were dragged down massively. Clapping absentmindedly, I followed the cue of the crowd when Mao and her coach went to the Kiss & Cry.

Focusing on the limited time I got on the ice, I circled the rink, softly leaving thin lines in my wake. My body leaned to the side, fighting off gravity as I glided swiftly on the bend, making the most of it before my program starts. After a while, the announcer stated Mao's score and my short practice ended.

It was my turn now.

Returning back to Coach Brian's side, I calmed myself down and tried to process his last-minute pep talk. I didn't know why I couldn't understand what he's saying. Maybe I was too tense and nervous? I didn't want to needlessly worry him that's why I nodded even with zero understanding.

I patted the railing and pushed off. Doing crossovers, I went to center ice, got into position, and posed.

(SP - Yiruma feat. Henry's River Flows in You)

My arm lifted up and went to the side going down in an elegant arc when the first note began. I went through the motions, deeply following the music wherever it took me. The rough sound of skates passing through the ice was the opposite of the vision I made, dancing in such a mesmerizing way.