Junior 2

.

.

.

.

..........M.E.R.I.D.I.A.N......L.I.G.H.T.S..........

.

.

The coaches back in the Nagoya Sports Club decided to bring the whole team to Hiroshima Prefecture to observe the 2006 Japan Junior Championships. We also had some skaters from our club competing in this championship. Hence, explaining the banners that we prepared beforehand splayed around us.

I wasn't able to attend the first half of the SP competition because I had to help my mom set up our things in the apartment we rented. Thankfully, when we finished and arranged everything in order, Coach Omura called and told me that one of the coaches from the club had something to do that morning as well and wasn't able to board the bus. To summarize it all, that coach and I went together to follow the rest of the team in Hiroshima.

When we arrived at the stadium it was already halfway through the competition, the coach left to go to our players leaving me to my own devices. I scanned the bench area before I finally spotted Shoma.

Smiling, I swiftly came over and ruffled his hair before turning again when the crowd cheered as the current skater finished their SP program.

Eh.

My mind blanked out for a moment.

I hadn't expected this.

Logically, I knew he was around that age already to be competing in these kinds of competition. In my mind, however, he would always be the eight-something-year-old boy that never grew up.

Just like in my video.

I was still in a state of shock as a certain mushroom-haired boy left the rink.

*****

The club members were at the hall near the main entrance currently waiting for the bus.