gℓιмρѕє 2

.

.

.

.

..........M.E.R.I.D.I.A.N......L.I.G.H.T.S..........

.

.

"I'm home," I called out to the darkened house.

I was a little curious that they didn't turn on the lights. Usually, the kids would be running around now causing havoc in our cozy home.

"Yuzuru?" I raised my voice as I took off my coat and hanged it on the coat stand. Taking off my boots, I placed it in the nearby shoe rack near the entrance.

Ever since we got together, I adapted to the Japanese way of living. Meaning, no outside shoes or slippers in the living room and beyond. With only my socks on, I padded towards the living room before switching on the lights.

"Surprise!"

I was indeed surprised.

Standing in the living room was my husband. His arms opened wide in a welcome gesture with a big smile on his face. Rose petals were scattered around the floor and unlit candles decorated various positions around the room.

Overall, quite the romantic set-up.

"Uh... hey..." I slowly uttered as my mind went blank.

"..."

"..."

"You don't know what day it is, do you?" Yuzuru narrowed his eyes suspiciously.

"Of course I do." I opened my mouth, acting affronted as my mind raced on all the birthdays, anniversaries, marriage date, engagement date, and whatever important date that we had. Yuzuru refused to relax his stance as he continued to stare down at me as he crossed his arms. "It's... It's... Thursday," I finished, lamely.