∂євυтαитє

.

.

.

.

..........M.E.R.I.D.I.A.N......L.I.G.H.T.S..........

.

.

My eligibility to participate in the upcoming 2010 Vancouver Olympics sent the whole nation into a frenzy.

If my presence hadn't caught the attention of the masses in the past, it certainly did now.

My victory in Nebelhorn was broadcasted on live major television programs. It was also mentioned in the corner of the front page of major newspapers. The sports section was practically hailing my achievements with an entire page dedicated to my victory in Nebelhorn. Articles and social media videos of my performance kept on circulating the net.

I, Elana Ferrer, became the first ever Filipino who would partake in the prestigious figure skating Olympics.

Never mind winning the Olympics, just entering the Olympics became such a huge deal.

Even though I still felt slightly uncomfortable with the constant attention, I gradually got used to it over the years. I actually felt warm and moved as I read all the supportive comments from the netizens in one of the articles.

As a result of the ever-increasing attention, advertisement offers from various sponsors poured in. If I hadn't put a stop to it, my workload would've quadrupled.

Nonetheless, even if it did come with big money, I couldn't accept the majority of the offers since I needed all the time I could get to rest and practice.

I was a figure skater, first.

A celebrity, second.

Thankfully, my personal manager, Eric Lito, came to my rescue and allocated my workload and schedule into order. We went through all the offers and picked the best ones. As much as I would love to focus full time on practicing my skills, I needed those sponsors.