10. Founder's Ball

Lena

"Your still gonna go?" Tommy asked as I finished up my hair, I already have my dress and heels on, Earrings in, make up on.

"You really think I'm gonna back out last minute?" I asked.

"OK then, me and Helena will be there. To keep an eye on you." He answered.

"I don't think anything will really happen, even if it does we know how to handle it." I said.

"Yeah I know, your dates here." He said and there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it, take your time." Tommy said going down stairs I looked out the window and Roman had a Freaking Limo, I seen Sara and Seth in it as Roman got out and come up the side walk and knocked on the door.

"He's waiting." Helena said.

"Yeah, I'm know." I said and seen she was in a blue dress similar to mine but hers had straps and was solid blue not a mix of color like mine.

"Let's go, together like we always do."

--------------------

It's an hour into the dance and nothing has really happened yet except Helena getting a little drunk, so was Tommy.

"So did you think about it?" Roman asked.

"I did, yeah I'll stay with you." I answered.

"Good, I didn't wanna be alone this weekend." He said.

"Won't have to worry about that anymore." I told him. And the founding families started making a toast. I looked over at Helena and she looked concerned and motioned for me to come over to her and Tommy.

"I'll be right back." I told Roman and I walked over to them and we went outside, Seth and Sara ended up following us.

"What is it?" I asked Helena the second we got outside.

"Smell this." She said handing me her glass full of wine.

"vervain?" I asked.

"Yep, they started serving drinks so that everyone would think it's safe and then they snuck the vervain in for the second round." Helena answered.

"They clearly know we are hear, we should leave." Tommy suggested.

"Ok, I'll just tell Roman something came up." I said and we started walking to the parking lot, Sara and Seth came with us.

"We got the sheriff in front of us." I mumbled as we went to the parking lot.

"Leaving Early aren't you?" She asked.

"Family emergency." Helena quickly said.

"Such a shame." She said and threw vervain in me and Helena's face. We both started screaming and she pulled a gun out and more of the cops came.

"Cooperate and you won't get hurt." The Sheriff said.

"Would love to but, I don't cooperate with Authority." Helena said and freaking attacked some of the cops, Tommy ended up doing the same damn thing. The Sheriff had her full attention on me.

"Seth, Sara get out of here. Your not gonna wanna see this." I told them and I heard them take off running.

"Don't make any move, I will shoot you." She said.

"You should know Vampires are immortal." I said and she actually did shoot me and all it did was piss me off and I attacked her. I disarmed her and bit her neck and started drinking her blood until she stopped moving and her blood was completely gone.

"Lena." I heard, it was Romans Voice, I didn't want it to be true. I got up and turned around and he was completely freaked out.

"Roman let's go." Seth said grabbing him and Sara came over to me.

"Don't worry Seth will take care of him." Sara said.

"Um Lena, your shot." Helena said.

"Come on let's get back to the house, have Seth take Roman to his dad's house." Tommy said to Sara. Him and Helena helped me get back home. As soon as I did I got out of that dress, I put jeans on and just stayed in my strap less bra.

"We gotta get that bullet out of you." Helena said.

"Don't worry I can do it myself. " I said and just pulled it out.

"Son of bitch." I mumbled and looked at the gunshot wound, it was starting to heal already.

"It's a wooden bullet, they know about that to." I said.

"Well, knew. They are all dead now." She said.

"Yeah well, there was no getting out of that." I said.

"Yeah." She said.

"Is Roman still at Seths dad's house?" I asked her.

"Yeah, their trying to calm him down." She said and handed me a black crop top out of my closet and grabbed my boots.

"Are you sure you wanna go over to talk to him?" Helena asked.

"Yeah, I might have to compelle him." I answered and put that stuff on.

"You might not have to." She said as I walked out.

I ran over to Seths, I was there in less than a minute. I walked up the steps and before I could knock at the door, Seths father opened it.

"He's up stairs Lena." He said moving to the side so I could come in.

"Thank you." I told him and I walked up stairs to Seths room.

"Where is he?" I asked Seth.

"Bath room changing, where's the gunshot at?" He asked.

"Healed already. How freaked out is he?" I asked.

"Not as bad as before, I think he'll be fine." Seth said and walked out. I walked over to the window and just waited for Roman to come out of the bathroom. When I heard him open the door I knew he stopped dead in his tracks when he seen me.

"You don't have to be scared Roman, even though you should be, you don't have to." I explained and turned around and looked at him.

"How are you a vampire?" He asked.

"Well, Tommy saved me when I was about to die." I answered.

"You killed all of those people over the past few weeks didn't you?" He asked.

"No, the only person I've killed since being her was the Sheriff, I don't kill like a normal vampire does and neither does Tommy or Helena. We feed off of blood bags, so we don't have to kill." I answered again.

"Seth and Sara knew about you." He said.

"Roman they are both witches, they found out for themselves." I told him.

"Ok, How do you know I can trust you?" He asked.

"Seth, Sara I didn't hurt them when they found out. They kept my secret because it dangerous to know. I don't like hurting people unless they push me to my limits, I would never hurt you Roman." I answered.

"I still wanna know more." He said.

"Well its late and we shouldn't stay here all night." I said.

"My place, like we planned?" He asked.

"Yeah I'll answer any questions you have."