12. Protection

Lena

It's Sunday night, once again I'm keeping an eye on Roman. But this time he's over at my house, Seth and Sara are staying together  at his dad's just to be on the safe side. Plus Helena and Tommy are keeping eyes on April and Dean.

"Can't we go do something?" Roman asked walking into the kitchen.

"I'm worried about you stepping outside, especially without me. I don't need you getting hurt, I've told you this." I answered.

"Come on, there's a party we could all go to. Everyone could be together and we don't have to worry about about getting hurt." He suggested.

"Still it's risky." I said. I sort of explained a little more to him about Joseph. I told him about him, and showed him a picture of him. He knows just about everything, especially how much I love him, and it's not because he looks like Joseph. But the only thing is I  didn't tell him was about William and about the tomb under the old church.

"Please Babe, it's my last night with my parents gone and I wanna party. My dad is very strict about me drinking." He said.

"Because he's the mayor?" I asked.

"Exactly, now please." He begged.

"Only if you call Seth and Sara, the four of us stick together. We do not split, just to be on the safe side." I said.

"I'll call em." He quickly said and I went upstairs and looked for something to wear it's a college party, I should probably wear something a little revealing. I'm pretty sure Roman would like it.(☝)

"Their gonna meet us there baby." Roman yelled up to me as I quickly changed and brushed out my hair.

"I'll be ready in a minute." I said as I finished getting ready. I went to my dresser and grabbed the box with the ring inside that I had made for Roman, it has vervain in it. It'll protect him from mind control from vampires and if they grab the ring it'll obviously burn them. I walked down stairs and seen him putting a jacket on.
"Here, I want you to wear this." I said and handed the box to him.

"I can't take this from you." He said.

"I need you to, it'll protect you. It has vervain in it, vampires won't be able to compelle you with this on, you need to wear it at all times. Don't take it off." I explained to him. And with out hesitation he put it on.

"So even you can't-." He started.

"I wouldn't do that to you to begin with, but yeah I won't be able to Compelle you." I said.

"Thank you." He said and grabbed my hand and we left. He drove us to the campus which is where the party was. Weird.

"There they are." I heard Sara say as we got out of the truck.

"Hey guys." I said as me and Roman held hands. Seth and Sara were doing the same.

"So it's just us? No April or Dean?" Seth asked.

"It's best, they should stay out of this." Roman answered and then I could hear what sound like April laughing with Dean.

"Um you guys." I said as listened a little more.

"Yeah." They all said.

"Their already here." I told them.

"You can't be serious." Sara said.

"Sara I can hear them, their close by." I told her.

"You two go find them." Roman told Seth and Sara.

"Um Babe go with them ok." I said because I could smell another vampire close by.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Trust me, go. And Call Helena or Tommy." I answered and they all went together and once they were out of sight I turned around and seen Charlie, from the bar.

"Why are you here?" I asked him, he smirked and started walking towards me.

"You know why, I'm looking for my witch. Can't you see, I just want my wife back." He explained.

"Listen to me, opening that tomb filled with vampire is a bad idea. Once you open it all of those vampires will come out, including the ones you had problems with." I explained.

"I need to do it, I've already gone 184 years with out her, that more than two life lines. I can't keep going like this, I'm sorry but when it comes to her. I'll do anything. "He explained and I was quiet for a second.

"Kinda like you with Roman or Joseph who ever the hell he is." Charlie said.

"You know like everyone else does, Joseph is dead. I don't know why him and Roman look alike ok. I'm trying to figure that out but for now that tomb can not be opened. You have to trust me on this, you will put a whole town in danger if you do that. In a situation like this you can't be selfish." I explained.

"Selfish, you want us all to put aside the ones we love so you can protect the one that you love. You don't care about anyone but your self Lena. If any one is selfish here, it's you." He said and walked past me.

"I'm opening that tomb." He said walking past me.

"Lena." I heard Helena say I turned around and she heard me and Charlies conversation, I know she did.

"Am I being selfish?" I asked her.

"I think your just trying to protect Roman because you love him." She answered.

"Is that selfish of me?'' I asked her.

"Sort of in all honesty, it obviously goes both ways here. He's willing to put an entire town in danger for his wife that's really selfish. Your trying to protect everyone more than he is. "She answered.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"Their all together don't worry." She answered.

"No I pissed Charlie off, he's gonna be desperate to torture me now. That's how he is." I said and we took off running but at normal pace to find the others. They weren't that far away from us.

"You okay baby?" Roman asked.

"Yeah I'm fine." I answered and he pulled me into his chest and held me tight but not to tight.

"What's going on guys?" Dean asked.

"There's a lot of explaining to do." Sara answered.

"Well explain then." April said.

"Not here, my house." I said and we all got in our vehicles and one by one we went back to the house staying close together.