11. Questions

Lena

"So you and Tommy aren't really related?" He asked.

"No we aren't, we are just really good friends. He's been by my side since the first minute of me being a vampire." I answered.

"So him and Helena are a thing?" He asked.

"Not officially. " I answered and he went quiet for a minute so I started asking the questions.

"So where does this leave us?" I asked.

"I don't know Lena." He answered.

"Ok, that's fine. I just need you to keep my secret not matter what." I told him.

"Trust me I will, I don't want you getting hurt." He said and I chuckled.

"Pretty sure it's the other way around, me being involved with a human will only bring bad things nothing good." I explained.

"What kind of bad things?" He asked.

"There's a lot you don't know. I have enemies from the past that I still have to deal with, they would hurt the ones I love to get to me." I answered.

"Like Tommy and Helena." He said.

"And Sara, Seth, Dean, April and You." I told him.

"All of us?" He asked.

"Yeah, even though I've only known you for a short amount of time, I knew you guys would be important to me. That's the thing about vampires, they have a humanity switch. It can easily be turned off which in other words it would mean they would have no emotions, they wouldn't care about anything or anyone. I chose to have my switch on, I don't wanna stop caring." I explained.

"You could just turn it off, like flipping a switch?" He asked.

"Pretty much, it's like something inside you clicks and your completely different. It's easy, very easy to turn it off. It's extremely hard to turn it back on." I answered.

"Have you ever turned it off?" He asked.

"Once, about 5 years after I turned. I was struggling Roman, my mom was already dead, my dad was too, my older brother was dying as well. I couldn't take the pain no more, Tommy couldn't watch me be in pain anymore. He told me to turn it off and I did." I answered.

"And you went threw hell before you turned it back on?" He asked.

"When you turn it off, you end up stubborn. So stubborn that you have to be tortured until you turn it back on. Tommy and Helena did it to save my humanity and to save me. I was becoming a real monster." I answered.

"I hope you never go threw that again." He said. I slightly smiled.

"Yeah me to." I said. And we sat in silence for a minute.

"It's late you should probably get some rest." I suggested.

"Yeah that'd be good idea, you gonna sleep to?" He asked.

"Um I think I should watch over things?" I suggested. I said as went into his bed room, upstairs.

"Why? You think we were followed or something?" He asked.

"It wouldn't surprise me if we were." I answered.

"I really wish you wouldn't stay up all night." He said and grabbed basketball shorts out of his closet. Then walked into the bathroom.

"Just half of the night, when the sun starts coming up I'll probably go to sleep then." I said and he came out shirts less and only in boxers and those shorts.

"Only if your sure, I could stay up with you." He said, I smiled and walked over to his bed and pulled the blanket and sheets down.

"Go to sleep Roman, I'll see you in the morning." I told him and started to walk out and he grabbed me by my arm. I looked up at him and he kissed me. After a few seconds he pulled away.

"I'll see you in the morning." He said and walked over to his bed.

"Goodnight Roman." I told him.

"Goodnight Lena." He said and got into bed and I walked out. I went down stairs and checked all of the doors and windows. I won't be taking any chances.

6:00 am

I walked back up to Romans room and seen him still asleep. I walked over to the window and seen the sun was coming up. I closed the curtains and crawled into bed with Roman carefully, so I didn't wake him.

I just laid on my side and watched him sleep, he looked so peaceful. I hope I don't have to worry about leaving his side or anything. I also hope things don't go down hill from here.

But anyways Roman started moving around in his sleep, I put my hand on his chest and made a connection with him, to see what he was dreaming. It was with me, and it was just, amazing.

I removed my hand and stopped peeking in on his dream. I smiled and closed my eyes and slowly fell asleep.