◌ Fourteen ◌

Minutes later, an exhausted lump washed up on shore, gasping for air. Ryan sprinted over and held Brendon's head in his lap, comforting him and making sure he was okay.

The other nine people walked away in complete shock and confusion.

Ryan held his husband's head tight. "Brendon I'm so sor-"

"No Ryan... I'm sorry." Brendan said, coughing up saltwater. "That was wrong of me. I shouldn't have done it and I shouldn't have been rude to you afterwards."

"I shouldn't have given you such a hard time." Ryan said. "Like you said, it's just a game."

~~~~~~~~~~~~
The next morning
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pete awoke to a strange sound. He opened his eyes slowly, struggling to come to his senses. It was barely bright out, probably around 5:00 A.M. The sun was rising causing the sky to be filled with stunning pink clouds. Pete reached over to grab his phone.

Oh wait. It wasn't there. Andy threw it overboard.

Pete looked about, examining his surroundings. His arm was thrown around Patrick's middle. Ooops, how did that happen? He looked at the other people. clearly it had been a rough night. Ryan and Brendon were spooning. Frank's foot was in Ray's afro. Joe was covered in tears. Dallon was sleeping standing up. Andy was sucking his thumb.

Pete scanned the area looking for Mikey. He finally spotted him, standing at the shore in front of the rising sun, his arms raised in the sky as he chanted something. His knees were in the most awkward position ever and his jawline looked extra razor sharp.

Mikey was performing a ritual.

So that's where the weird noises were coming from.

Pete carefully stood up, dusting some sand off of his body. He cringed when some of the sand landed on top of Patrick's closed eye. He knew as soon as Patrick woke up, he'd get an eyeful of sand. Oh well... He walked silently to Mikey. The closer he got, the easier it was to hear what Mikey was saying.

"Look alive, sunshine..." He said as he lifted his arms up higher. "Look alive sunshine..." Pete stepped closer and tapped him on the shoulder. What happened next was something Pete thought could never ever happen.

Mikey turned around startled, his arms falling to his sides. As his arms fell, so did the sun.

Yep. The sun fell.

It went back down, taking all the fresh daylight with it.

"Pete!" Mikey said, struggling to see in the dark.

"M-Mikey! What were you doing?" Pete said, in awe. "Di-Did you j-just drop the s-s-sun?"

"Pete! You scared me! Don't sneak up on me like that while I'm rising the sun, okay! Now I have to start all over!"

He made his knees awkward again and pulled out a Jawline Sharpener 3000™ (The latest model from Sharp Jawline Tech.) He focused hard on the edge of the horizon and took a deep breath. He whispered "bring me the horizon" and clicked his knees together, much like Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz did. He then held out his arms and started chanting "Look alive, sunshine..." repeatedly. Pete listened to him chant six times before the tiniest glint of light arose from the night sky. Mikey really was rising the sun.

"Mikey!" Pete said,, yelling at first and then quieting down, remembering he had to let Mikey concentrate. "How are you doing this? Why are-"

"Pete it's my job. Every morning I come outside and rise the sun. It's simple."

Pete nodded enthusiastically trying to comprehend what happened.

He quickly gave up and just accepted the fact That Mikey Way was in charge of rising the sun everyday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
9:00 A.M, A few hours later
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Frank's the last one asleep! You know what that means!" Ray said, excited.

The others nodded, giggling like a group of middle school girls at a sleepover.

"We tickle him awake!?" Patrick said hysterically.

Everyone stared at him in silence.

"What?" He asked.

"No! We draw on his face!" Andy said.

"Oh, I was gonna say we take off all his clothes and soak them in the ocean and then throw them up a tree. I was gonna offer to do the first part..." Gerard said, blushing.

"No... But that's not a terrible idea. Let's just stick to the drawing one, okay?" Andy said.

"I have a sharpie that I use to label all my food because if I don't, Pete will eat it all. We can use that." Joe suggested.

"Yeah I have one too." Ray said before sitting up. He rubbed his eyes and stretched.

They were interrupted by a sudden flash in the morning sky. A lightning bolt struck to the ground and with it, came good ole' Billie Joe Armstrong.

The boys quickly got down on their knees and bowed down.

"What are you doi- Oh! Come on get off your knees, I told you that you don't have to do that." Billie Joe said.

"Have you come to make us our house?" Dallon said, eager.

"Yes! I have planned it out and it's all ready. Everyone watch out." Billie Joe announced. Seconds later, the sky got dark. "Look up."

The group craned their necks to look up at the sky to see an interesting sight. A large house was rapidly falling toward the ground. They all screamed while Joe cried. With a loud blast, the house fell to the sand. It somehow remained completely intact.

"Alright!" Billie Joe said, clapping his hands together. "It's all ready for ya. Go on and make yourselves at home. I'm just gonna wait out here and... meditate by the sea. But when you're done, come back out and I'll explain your first challenge."

The group rushed at full speed to the front door of the house, racing to be the first inside. Ray used his afro the shove people out of the way again and got to the doorknob first. He tugged on it hard. Nothing happened. He twisted it left and right and slammed his afro on it. Nothing worked.

"Uh, Billie Joe? It's locked..." Ray said

"Oh... Ooops!" He threw the keys into the pack of hungry animals, er, I mean band members, and they fought to grab them.

Patrick came out victorious, holding the keys above his head and pushing toward the door. He was too short and Frank snatched them up. Frank was also short so Gerard stole them. Seconds later, Ryan had them. The fighting stopped when Dallon the Jolly Green Giant at 6'4" took possession of the keys and raised them above his head.

"Move." He said to the group, who parted faster than the Red Sea.

He walked to the door and inserted the key, pushing open the large white door. All eleven members shuffled in, amazed at the size. They stood in a skinny entryway near a sprawled out kitchen and living room around the corner. The kitchen had plenty of appliances and a bar with a few stools. Near by was a long, narrow table with eight seats. The living room held a small yet wide CRT television with a matching couch, loveseat, and two arm chairs.

The house seemed perfect.

Well, until they went upstairs...