◌ Twenty Eight ◌

"EVERYBODY PLEASE CALM DOWN!" Billie Joe yelled. "I KNOW THE HEIMLICH."

"Wait Heim-lich like Jaim-e? They both start with an H sound." Mike noted.

"MIKE!" Vic sobbed. "THIS ISN'T A TIME FOR FUNNY JOKES."

"That wasn't a joke! I'm being serious!"

"Move out of the way please." Billie Joe said, parting the large mass of people to get to Jaime.

"JAIME I LOVE YOU!" Vic sobbed. "I'VE HAD A CRUSH ON YOU SINCE FOREVER! PLEASE DON'T DIE! PLEASE DON'T DIE! I NEED YOU. I LOVE YOU!"

"Vic! Get a hold of yourself!" Mike yelled. "What's wrong with you?"

Vic only cried harder.

Billie Joe grabbed Jaime and propped him up in his seat. "Pete. Dallon. Grab his sides so he doesn't fall."

"NOT SO HARD! HOLD HIM GENTLY!" Vic screeched.

"Mike! Take your brother out of the room, please! He's hysterical!"

"Yes sir." Mike said, dragging his screaming brother out of the room.

Even with Vic gone it was still chaotic inside the diner. Joe was crying too and Patrick was upset to see Vic so sad. Gerard was running around trying to find a pen to make a song about this tragic event between two secret lovers. Well, who knew if Jaime felt the same way. Dallon and Pete were patiently grabbing Jaime, hoping they wouldn't be apart of someone's death.

Billie Joe wrapped his arms around Jaime's sides and got into position. He hiked his arms up firmly. Once. Twice. Third time is the charm. On the third try he coughed and the food came back up. He gasped for breath, his nose and eyes running.

"Jaime! You alright there buddy?" Pete asked, receiving a shaky nod from Jaime.

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief, glad that Jaime was okay.

"Jaime you friggin turtle!" Billie Joe shamed. "You scared the crap outta us! Chew your food next time, would ya?" he playfully slapped Jaime on the back.

"It's not that I didn't chew, there was this giant clump of cheese hidden in the nachos. It nearly choked me to death."

"Yeah we saw." Frank said.

"Hey it tasted good though." Jaime said.

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. As long as he liked the taste, maybe he would forget that he almost died from their food.

"W-where's Vic?" Jaime asked nervously.

"He is outside with Mike. He couldn't handle the thought of you dying so he had to leave." Ryan answered.

Jaime blushed and tried to stand up to leave the room.

"Uh uh uh... You're too weak to leave. Let us get him for you." Billie Joe said, patting Jaime on the shoulder."

Mikey left the room quickly to retrieve the Fuentes brothers. But he only came back out with Mike.

"Where's Vic?" someone asked.

"He's uh... to embarrassed to come in." Mikey said cautiously.

Jaime's face fell. "What do you mean."

"Um..."

*awkward silence*

"Ugh I'll go get him!" Patrick said.

Patrick left the door and stepped on to the beach. He circled the building and found Vic on the West side of it, slumped against the wall looking sad.