◌ Forty Seven ◌

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Frank screamed, shocked at how stupid his own friends could be.

"DID YOU SERIOUSLY THROW AWAY SOMETHING BILLIE JOE GAVE US? DO YOU REALIZE HOW IMPORTANT IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN?!" Andy scolded.

"We, we clearly weren't thinking straight..." Pete said.

Gerard wheezed. "You never think straight."

"It must be from the hunger!" Brendon explained.

"We're so starving." Ryan whined.

"Please don't be mad." Joe begged.

"Okay now that the raft is a bust, I say we forgive and forget." Patrick suggested.

"I'll gladly forget but I won't forgive." Gerard said.

"Fair enough. Now how about we search for Mikey and Dallon? They've been gone for so long, they could be anywhere! I'm really worried about them."

"I'm assuming they're in the woods. I bet they're lost. It's so dark." Ray said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Somewhere deep in the middle of the woods
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mikey, it's hopeless." Dallon said.

"No, don't give up. I'm pretty sure it's this way. I can feel it." Mikey replied.

"We've passed that tree three times."

"How can you tell? They all look the same."

The duo sat in the dirt for a moment, momentarily giving up. They had found the food a long time ago, they just couldn't make it back out of the woods. Somewhere along the way they had taken a wrong turn and it was too dark to find any hints about where to go.

"Hey on the bright side I'm with you and not anybody else. Not that there's a problem with anybody else, it's just... you annoy me the least. If that makes sense. And yet I barely know you." Mikey confessed, opening up.

"I understand that. You're right about being the least annoying, a lot of these guys are tough to handle. I mean really, did Joe have to cry for a full hour after Brendon shaved his eyebrow off? Don't you think 15 minutes was enough time to get over it?"

"Definitely. Or Frank. Why does he think we can't tell when he spits his chewed off nails all over the floor?"

"Or Brendon's weird thing with invisible beer!"

"Or milk!"

The two guys laughed.

"But you... you're different." Mikey whispered.

It was quiet, neither of them spoke. They each held their breath for a moment, feeling strange but content.

"Mikey, I..." but Dallon was cut off by a gentle but well needed kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thirty minutes later
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dallon and Mikey, after some random motivation from who knows where, gained the courage to find their way back to the beach. It didn't take too long and they only lost a little bit of their food along the way. They arrived back at the beach to find just half the gang. After being swarmed with questions by the band members on the beach, Mikey and Dallon wanted to ask their own questions.

"How long were we gone?" Dallon asked, amazing at how big of a deal everyone was making of their absence. Were they really that well-liked?

"Probably around almost three hours. Ray has a watch." Gerard explained.