◌ Twenty Six ◌

Dallon flew backwards, his head smashing into the wall behind him. He held his hand cupped under his mouth as blood streamed down like a waterfall.

"RYAN!" Brendon screamed, running over to Dallon.

Ryan stormed off upstairs. Moments later, a bedroom door was heard slamming.

"Holy smokes!" Patrick yelled.

"Dal-o, you alright there?" Andy said.

All nine of them swarmed Dallon. Dallon just sat there feeling dizzy. He ignored all their questions as he tried to get his head straight.

All he saw right now was red.

Not from anger toward Ryan.

But blood.

Blood.

Gallons of the stuff.

Give them al-

Okay okay sorry I got a little carried away there.

Anyway, it wasn't really that interesting. I mean, just picture a lot of commotion, some tears (from guess who), and loads of blood. There, I summed it up for you. But Dallon was alright. Brendon took him to the bathroom while the others carried on without a leader. Brendon lead Dallon into the bathroom and had him sit down on the counter next to the sink. He opened the closet and pulled out a washcloth (unfortunately it was white) and ran it under cool water.

"Listen Dal... I'm so so sorry about Ryan. I don't know what the hell is going on with him, it's absurd. He just gets so frickin' ahead of himself. I swear he's never done that before, I guess he just want-"

Dallon placed his finger on Brendon's lips. "Shhh it's alright."

Brendon's stomach flipped. That was his thing. Anytime Ryan was babbling or upset about something he would lightly place his finger on his lips to silence him. It left him feeling dizzy.

Dallon continued. "Don't worry about it."

Brendon leaned against the wall opposite to Dallon and sighed, rubbing the space between his eyebrows with his thumb. He was so tired. Yes, he was physically tired from the long day of challenges but also mentally drained. Ryan was acting so crazy lately. Not just the few days they've been on their vacation but a little before that. Brendon had hoped this trip would smooth things out but it was doing the opposite and brining out the crazies in both of them.

"Ryan's a different person than he was when I met him." Brendon sighed. "We used to be... oh I don't know. Why am I even telling you this?"

"No it's alright. I am here to listen. Go on."

"We just...we got to get along so nicely. Now I can barely be around him. I just wish I knew what happened. I am so confused." He stopped talking in fear he might cry.

"Well I think he's dumb. He is so, so lucky to have you. He is wasting his chance with a great man like yourself, Brendon." Dallon said, a careful smile growing on his lips.

Brendon just stared at Dallon's eyes. He stared deep into them. And he liked what he saw. Dallon was a simpler man. He was easy to understand and not as dramatic as Ryan.

"B-Brendon?" Dallon whispered. "Why are you locking the door?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the chaos of the kitchen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"OKAY CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE THE HELL THE FLOUR IS? I KNOW IT SPILLED THIS MORNING BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS ALL FINE NOW!" Frank screamed, trying to be heard over the loud noises of the kitchen.