◌ Twenty Seven ◌

"Damn it Andy! How hard is it to hold this lemon still while I slice it?'" Ray said, irritated but guilty.

"It's not my fault that your knife-handling skills are crappy!" Andy yelled, sucking on the fresh wound on his knuckle.

"Is it okay?" Ray asked.

"Yeah I'm fine but really dude, you gotta watch out." Andy said.

"Dallon's here!" Someone cheered from across the kitchen.

Sure enough, Dallon was standing in the outskirts of the kitchen looking like a mess. His jaw was slightly swollen from the punch Ryan threw and so were his lips. His shirt was half buttoned and the few buttons that were buttoned were in the wrong holes. His hair was no longer standing up but swept in front of his face, half in his eyes and half scattered around the side of his face. He seemed to be sweaty and tired. And to top it all off he seemed slightly out of breath.

Closely behind him stood Brendon who looked worse. His shirt was on backwards and sweat was making it cling to his skin. His hair was sticking to his big ass forehead from the sweat that covered his skin. He looked like he just sweat out the hottest fever possible. To top it all off, his fly was unzipped.

"Thank goodness you're both here!" Patrick exclaimed, brewing the silence. He was completely oblivious to the strange appearance of the duo. "Dallon you're the leader, remember?"

"You okay man?" Joe asked, worried about Dallon's punched face.

Dallon nodded.

"Dallon I'm sorry." Ryan said.

Mikey, who stood to the right of Ryan, elbowed him hard in the ribs. "That's not what we rehearsed." he hissed.

"I'm sorry for punching you, Dallon." Ryan said.

"Almost there." Mikey whispered.

Ryan rolled his eyes. "I am sorry for punching you in the face. It was wrong and I lost control. I will not do that again."

"Bravo!" Mikey said, clapping his hands and filling the awkward silence.

Dallon nodded again.

"So here are the jobs." Patrick said, handing Dallon the sheet of jobs assigned to the group. "Brendon you are the napkin folder again."

Leader: Dallon (if he ever shows up)

Cupcakes: Patrick, Frank, Gerard

Nachos: Ryan, Joe

Water: Andy, Ray

Napkin Folder: Brendon

Morale Boosters: Pete and Mikey

Dallon took the sheet without speaking.

"We also have under twenty minutes left." Gerard added. "The cupcakes are pretty much all set. Patrick and I are going to finish the frosting while Frank takes the cupcakes out of the oven and makes sure they are cooked."

"What about you guys?" Dallon asked, pointing to the nachos group.

"We are a little behind." Andy said. "I forgot Joe has a phobia of jalapeños so I had to cut them which set us back a bit."

"That's a thing?"

"Yeah. Aromaphobia. The fear of spicy foods." Andy explained.

"And you?" Dallon asked Andy and Ray.

"Almost done. We just need to test the pH of the water first." Andy explained.

"The what?" Dallon asked.