◌ Forty Four ◌

There was a flood of people bursting out of the "stadium" where the Brutal Insult Wars were taking place. Billie Joe did his best to only allow certain people to exit (mainly the castaways, friends of Gerard) but a lot of others escaped, running to watch. To everyone's horror, Alex was right. Gerard was hidden up in a tall palm tree.

"Guys remember when I fell?" Dallon asked. "It was a disaster!"

"This better not happen to Gerard!" Ryan said. "I mean, it was okay when it happened to you because I hated you at the moment but I don't hate Ger-" Brendon elbowed Ryan and mouthed the words, "Be nice."

Ray ran to the base of the tree. "Gerard! Why won't you come down?"

Gerard yelled down to them, sobbing. "Because Patrick said such mean things to me!"

"Gerard, he had to!" Mikey said. "It's an Insult War!"

"Brutal Insult War." Billie Joe correctly, eating a cheese stick.

"Oooh can I have a bite?" Mikey asked.

Billie Joe tilted the cheese stick toward Mikey and he bit off a chunk. "Ew you bite string cheese? Remind me never to talk to you again."

Patrick got close to the tree and yelled to Gerard. "I didn't mean any of it!"

Frank sighed in relief. As he recalled, Patrick had called Gerard pretty which was very unacceptable. Good thing he didn't mean it.

"I don't wanna come down!" Gerard said.

Mikey knew what he had to do. There was only one way Gerard was coming down. Mikey stood at a perfect distance where Gerard could hear him. He opened his mouth and sang. "Does anyone have the guts to shut me up? Cause I believe that every night there's a chance we can walk away. So hold on tight. Because I won't wait too long, in the drums of the beating rain."

Gerard was halfway down the tree by the time Mikey stopped. Everybody on the beach was stunned into silence. Gerard embraced Mikey in a tight hug.

"You sang... You sang my song?" Gerard asked, new tears forming in his eyes, happy tears.

"Of course I did... brother."

They hugged again, earning dozens of "awww's" from around the beach. Eventually they headed back inside the stadium and the next round began. Some viewers of the Brutal Insult War couldn't stand the cringey wholesomeness of the moment and had to go home.

Ryan and Mikey stared down each other at their positions

Ryan started first. "Give me envy, give me malice, give me your attention BECAUSE I'M ABOUT TO BROIL YOU!"

"Honey, this stage isn't big enough for the two of us" Mikey spat back.

"I chime in with a haven't you people ever heard of... coming up with good insults?"

Mikey clenched his hands into fists. "Life will be but a dream for you because in a moment you'll be DEAD!"

That's when it happened. Ryan lunged at Mikey. He tackled him to the ground and threw punches to his face. Mikey tried to fight back but it was no use, Ryan's strength came from anger.

A whistle blew loud as Alex and Zack grabbed Ryan and Jack and Rian grabbed Mikey.

"Error #209. Participant attacked another participant. Ryan Ross is disqualified. Mikey has won." Rian said, while scribbling onto a pad of paper.

Ryan was escorted out of the room swearing.

"Alrighty then. Now let's have Patrick and Andy."

The room got loud again as people discussed the upcoming round. Band mate vs. band mate? This was going to be interesting. Zac Farro pulled out his phone and began recording.