◌ Thirty Seven ◌

"Hey Brendon?" Ryan asked. "Can we have a chat tonight?"

Brendon frowned. All he wanted was to get to bed. He didn't want to talk to Ryan right now. Or for a while. Not until he worked out the issues between them. He had barely been able to look Ryan in the eyes after the incident with Dallon.

"Please, Brendon? Could you sing to me maybe?"

"Okay fine." Brendon said. He knelt down by Ryan's bed and took a deep breath. "So give me milk, milk, gallons of the stuff. Give them all that they can drink and it will never be enough. So give me milk, milk, miiiiiiiiiiiilk. Grab a glass because there's going to be a flood."

"Can you sing the other verse too?" Ryan asked softly.

"I gaaaaaave youuuu... milk, milk, gallons of the stuff. I gave you all that you can drink and it has never been enough I gave you milk, milk, miiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIlk, I'm the kind of human wreckage that you love." Brendon sang.

"Thanks, Brendon." Ryan said. You really are the kind of human wreckage that I love."

"Uh... Thanks I guess..."

Not knowing how to fill the empty emotional space between them, Brendon started to leave the room. Things were going from bad to worse with Ryan. He could feel the change in the room.

"Hey Brendon?" Ryan asked.

"Yeah?"

"Can we maybe... Talk tomorrow? Just me and you?"

Brendon swallowed hard. This was it.

"Yeah. Sure, Ryan."

"Thanks."

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

In Joe's closet

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Joe please, it's just rain." Pete said.

Patrick smoothed out the covers in Joe's dog cage. "You're going to be safe. The rain can't hurt you."

At around 10:00 it started to pour outside. The rain was coming down in sheets and making everybody feel a bit uneasy. Without the news or the internet nobody was able to tell how long the rain would last. Surprisingly it didn't wake up Helena but it did wake up Joe who lay restless in his dog cage, terrified of the weather.

"Yeah seriously Joe, the rain won't get you." Andy said, sarcastically.

"Except for that one time..." Patrick said grimacing.

"Oh the time the rain starting punching him in the f-" Andy asked.

"Shhh I thought we wouldn't bring that up!" Patrick whisper-yelled.

"But what if there is thunder too?" Joe asked.

"There hasn't been any thunder yet." Mikey called from down the hall. While making his way to his bedroom he happened to hear a bit of their conversation.

"But what if there is thunder later?" Joe asked.

"Well we can deal with that later." Andy said, leaving to go to his own room. "Plus thunder can't hurt you, it's the lightning."

"Well what if there's lightning?"

Suddenly Frank came barreling up the stairs and into the hallway. "Guys! Quick! Code red! Code red!"