Meeting for the First Time

*This chapter takes place when Seth and Leah offer to help Jacob Black and the Cullen family protect Bella from the Uley pack when she was pregnant with Renesmee*

(At the Cliff)

Years had passed since I had visited Forks, Washington. My brother's memories was too bitter for me to handle. Because word had reached me that Edward and Bella were in trouble, I returned to Forks to see my family. I came to a halt by the cliff before heading over to the Cullen household.

Black ripped pants, a black shirt, and a black leather jacket were on my person. My hair was styled in a low bun. I was perched on the cliff's edge, gazing down at the lake below. I closed my eyes and felt the breeze on my face as my hair waved in the breeze, listening to the sound of waves crashing on the cliff's edge. It was so serene at the time. I'd almost forgotten about my vampire status.

I heard some twigs snap from behind me as I stood at the brink of the cliff. As if someone were going through the woods at a steady pace. I heard gentle footsteps behind me and cautiously turned around to see a young man standing behind me.

His hair was shaved shaved shaved shaved The color was either dark brown or black. His gaze was relaxed and pleasant. His smile was contagious, and it could brighten anyone's day. He was dressed in shorts and a hoodie with the sleeves cut off. But, as attractive as his features were, it was something else that originally drew my attention.

 But, as attractive as his features were, it was something else that originally drew my attention

My attention was drawn to the tattoo on his right shoulder. It was a tattoo that I was familiar with. It reminded me of a tattoo on my brother's arm. I immediately understood I was in the company of a werewolf. But, more significantly, an Uley pack member.

"Can I help you?" He asked.

"Um no," I started. "Actually I was just about to go."

I started walking away from the cliff, but he stopped me nevertheless.

"What's your name?" He asked.

I was apprehensive to speak with him at first, but something about him made me believe in him.

"Layla," I mumbled.

He extended his hand to shake mine and said, "My name is Seth, and I'm happy to meet you, Layla. Clearwater, Seth."

Seth and I exchanged handshakes. He had a solid grip on the object.

"Nice to meet you, Seth."

"A pleasure to meet you." He added.

Between us, there was an unsettling interval of quiet.

"Well Seth, I better get going."

I began walking away from Seth and the cliff. But Seth yelled, "Wait!" before I could leave.

I came to a halt and turned around.

"How will I be able to see you again?"

I smiled and replied with, "I'll meet you here tomorrow morning."

Then I went for a walk in the woods. And once I was deep in the woods, I dashed through it on my way to the Cullen's house. Because I'm a vampire, my speed is increased, it only took a few minutes for me to get to the residence.