Ending it All

Layla's POV:

The Volturi was running thin of members, foremost of them were burned and destroyed. I was in the middle of fighting a Volturi member when I saw Caius head for Seth, who was already distracted by another Volturi member. I quickly popped the head off of the vampire in front of me before I sprinted over to my husband. As I was running, I saw Caius hop on Seth's back, getting ready to bit him, but before that happened, I jumped and grabbed Caius in mid-air before falling on the ground. 

I quickly got up to my geet with Seth behind me. We were circled by five Volturi vampires including Caius. 

"Stop this, Caius!" I demanded. 

"Why would I do that?" he asked. 

"Because," I began. "I am not the one who has the right to kill you. They do."

I was referring to Tanya, Kate, and Garrett who were standing behind them. Caius and the five vampires turned around, allowing Seth and I to eliminate the five vampires behind Caius so that Tanya and Kate had their chance to get back at Caius. Before he had the opportunity to run away, I used my power to make sure he couldn't move while Kate came closer to him so she could touch him and use her ability on him while Garrett held his arms back and Tanya ripped his miserable head from his wretched shoulders. 

We nodded our heads toward one another with smiles on our faces, before continuing. 

I was busy fighting a Volturi member when I noticed Marcus all alone. I quickly dispatched the member and headed for Marcus. I stopped in front of him while the fighting continued around us. Marcus was never a threat to me. I felt bad for him. After all, his Volturi brother killed his soulmate. 

"I'm sorry, Marcus." I apologized.

"What for?" He asked. 

"The death of your wife, Didyme."

Marcus lowered his head in sorrow. I could tell that he deeply cared for his wife. Like the way, Seth and I love each other. 

"You can still end this."

"No, I cannot," Marcus replied. "Aro is many things but I have never been the one to change his mind. He has made his decision and he is not going to stop."

I looked down at the ground in disappointment. I wanted this madness to end! I deeply longed for a life with my family where I can watch my son and daughter grow up with my husband there to experience it with me. 

"Layla, please end my immortality," Marcus begged. 

I looked up and shook my head as I said, "No Marcus, I cannot."

"Please, I get of you, do it."

I slowly approached Marcus. I put my hands on his head as I saw him close his eyes and relax. I quickly severed his head from his shoulders, causing his body to fall on the ground. I set down his head and called for Benjamin who ran over to me. Flames of fire appeared at his fingertips and he threw them down to Marcus' body, completely destroying his remains.  

Before I had time to react, Aro grabbed me by my neck and forced me onto the ground. I was helpless and left with no options. I struggled to release myself but it was no use. I was so panicked that I didn't even use my abilities. He held me down with his foot as he began reaching for my head. 

This was the end.