Surprise!

Layla's POV:

Months have passed, and Renesmee is no longer a baby. Because she is a hybrid, she has grown a lot in a short amount of time, but I have savored every moment I have with her. And so have Edward and Bella, as well as everyone else in her vicinity. Seth and I have spent a lot of time together during that period. We've gone on a lot of romantic dates and have gotten to know one other a little better.

My feelings for him have not waned, but have become stronger. Every day, I find myself falling even deeper in love with him. I can't help myself, and he can't help himself. For the first time in my life, I was content. My family was fantastic, and I was fortunate to have Seth.

I was walking back to my car in a store parking lot when I came across Seth. He was leaning against my car, anticipating my arrival. As I approached him, I smiled. I must admit that seeing him here surprised me.

"What are you doing here?" I inquired as I kissed him on the lips.

"You must accompany me." Seth got things started. "I have something special in store for you."

"Oh you do, do you?"

I handed my keys to Seth. He walked around to the driver's seat after opening the passenger door for me. He began driving and backed out of the parking spot. We drove for a few minutes till we came to a deserted dirt road. He directed me into the woodland after parking my car on the side of the road. I held his hand as he guided me to our destination. He didn't take long to tell me to close my eyes. I was apprehensive, but I trusted him to keep an eye on me and make sure I didn't slip or fall.

"Open your eyes," Seth whispered.

I took my hands out of my pockets and opened my eyes, exposing a tent. It wasn't anything I had anticipated. Seth approached the tent and unzipped the door. Inside the package, I discovered a number of blankets and pillows. Popcorn and a portable DVD player were available. It was the most romantic thing I'd ever witnessed, much alone anything done for me.

"Seth, I don't know what to say."

"You like it?" he asked.

"I love it. I can't believe you did this for me." I said as we both went into the tent.

Seth held me close in his arms as we watched a movie he had rented. Seth wrapped us in blankets, even though I wasn't cold. I didn't eat any popcorn, but Seth devoured the entire bag. After the movie, I pushed Seth onto his back and kissed him. Seth then threw me onto my back and kissed me again.

Before my phone started ringing, there was a pause that lasted several minutes

Before my phone started ringing, there was a pause that lasted several minutes. As he watched me pick up my phone, Seth stopped kissing me. It was a call from Carlisle, as I noticed on the caller ID. To answer the call, I slid my finger down, then held my phone up to my ear.

"Hello," I said through the phone.

I paid attention to what Carlisle had to say. It wasn't exactly good news. I gently moved Seth away from me with my palm on his chest.

"Okay, I'll be there in a couple of minutes then," I added. "Kay, bye."

"What is it?" Seth asked.

"I'm not entirely sure yet, but I do know that Alice had a vision and according to Carlisle it's not good."

"Well then, we better get over there."

Seth and I dashed from the tent as quickly as we could. We ran back to my car, jumped in, and drove as quickly as possible to the house.