Volturi Scout

Seth's POV: 

Jacob and I were walking through the forest on our regular patrol. It was nice to be out of the house, and spend some time with Jacob, whom I considered family.

"I heard that all the old members are returning to help us again."

"Yeah, and few new ones too," I replied.

"So, how is Layla holding up?" Jacob asked.

"Holding for now." I chuckled. "She can't stop dreading the future, but at the same time, neither can I."

"Don't worry brother, things will work themselves out."

"I hope to God you are right," I admitted.

As Jacob and I were walking through the forest, we heard a noise in the distance. We stopped in our tracks and started looking around.

"Did you hear that?" I asked.

"Yeah," Jacob replied.

Just then, something ran past us instantly. Jacob and I looked at each other. We knew right away that it was a vampire.

"It's heading toward my house!" I shouted.

Jacob and I began running and transformed into werewolves. We pursued the vampire and eventually caught up with him. He was dressed in all black and had the Volturi amulet around his neck. This made me angry because I knew where he was headed. My home! Where Layla and the twins were. I wasn't going to let him do anything to my family, so I picked my pace up and pounced on the vampire, holding him down with my paws and biting him with my teeth here and there.

The vampire wasn't going anywhere. Jacob caught up with me and howled, to let the pack and Layla know that we needed assistance for a precaution.

***

Layla's POV:

I was writing a letter and preparing a go-bag for the twins when Renesmee and I heard a howl. I stopped what I was doing and looked up.

"Renesmee, stay here and watch the twins," I said, as I stood up and ran out the door.

It didn't take me long to meet up with Jacob and Seth, along with the rest of the pack and a few members of my family. I saw Seth holding down a vampire that I had only seen in Italy when I was apart of the Volturi. Emmett and Jasper grabbed the vampire by his arms, so he could escape.

Seth walked over to me and joined me by my side.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I don't speak to traitors!" spat the vampire.

I took a few steps closer and held out my right hand. I shifted it to the side as if I was holding a cup in my hand. Then, I squeezed my hand, causing my abilities to choke the vampire.

"You may be a vampire but I can give you pain that is worse than death, so I will only ask you one more time." I continued. "Who are you?"

The vampire still didn't answer me, so I squeezed tighter. He gave in, so I loosened my grip just enough so he could speak.

"My name is Marin, I am a member of the Volturi." he began. "I was sent by Aro to see what the Cullen's are doing so that we can prepare our attack."

I looked back at Seth. I stopped choking the vampire completely.

"What do we do with him?" Emmett asked.

"He can't go back to the Volturi, so destroy him."

"What?! Wait a minute!" Marin demanded. "If you kill me you will have all of hell coming after you."

"We already do, but don't worry, my brother won't kill you. After all, you didn't pass in our territory, but you did pass through the wolves territory and I know the Uley pack doesn't like that."

Emmett and Jasper released the vampire, who fell to his knees. I walked off while I heard Marin scream in pain as the wolves dismembered his body.