My New Life

Layla's POV:

I arrived in Italy last night. It didn't take me long to find the house of Volturi. When I arrived, I was given a short black dress to where, along with black heels. Once I stepped through those doors I immediately lost my smile and the happiness I once had. At least, more than what I had arrived with considering the previous events that occurred. Last night, Aro wasted no time making me a member of the Volturi. I suppose he did it so that I couldn't back out of our deal. I was given a black cloak and the Volturi necklace, that I was supposed to wear at all times. I was disgusted by the necklace. I didn't like it on me and I wasn't happy that I could never take it off. 

I was given a private room so that I could have time to myself from time to time

I was given a private room so that I could have time to myself from time to time. But, it wasn't a good gesture like you think. Usually, locks are inside of the room, but mine was on the outside so they could lock me up in here whenever they need to. I am so miserable here and no matter how hard I tried to embrace it, nothing in my devastating vampire life could make it better.

I was reading a book in my "room" when Demetri entered my room. I didn't bother to acknowledge him, so I kept on reading my book.

"Aro would like a word with you," Demetri informed.

I looked up from reading. I rolled my eyes before I set down the book and stood up. I walked over to Demetri who escorted me to the throne room. My heels made sounds on the brick floors as I walked. We peered a corner and I found myself in the throne room of the Volturi.

There they were

There they were. All three of the leaders. Sitting in their throne chairs with Aro in the middle, Marcus on the left and Caius on the right. It was a sight that made my blood boil and sick to my stomach. But, I activated my acting skills and prepared myself for what was to come.

"Brothers," Aro began. "I would like to introduce you to the newest member of our coven."

Caius was staring at me. Marcus simply turned to Aro and exchanged looks with each other. And Aro simply had a smile on his face. Once that I would like to turn into a frown.

"I must say that I am stunned to see Layla Cullen apart of the Volturi. I never thought I would see the day." Caius chuckled.

I clenched my fist tight and tried to control myself from inflicting any pain on Caius.

"I as well," Marcus admitted. "Why has she joined our coven?"

Aro did not give his brother's an answer. Instead, he signaled for Demetri, Felix, Jane, and Alec. His most trusted vampires with gifts of their own. Demetri has a tracking sense. Jane inflects pain and her brother Alec robs you of your senses. They all circled around me. Alec and Jane began using their abilities while Demetri and Felix ran after me.

Before anything could be done to me, I put my hands down to my side and opened my palms. I froze Demetri and Felix in their tracks, and I reversed the effect of Jane and Alec's abilities onto themselves. As I did all of this, I stared across at the Volturi without breaking a sweat.

"That my brothers is why I have brought her here," Aro smirked.

Caius stood up on his feet, outraged by what he had just seen.

"Release them!" he ordered.

I closed my hands and crossed my arms, stopping my abilities from controlling the four vampires any further. A grin appeared on my face as I looked over at Caius, who sat back down in his chair.

"Welcome Layla, to the Volturi Coven," Marcus said.

I bowed down to Marcus, Caius, and Aro before I was excused from the room.