Meeting Up Before the Goodbye

It was the following morning. The morning of my agreed-upon meeting with Seth near the cliff. I started walking towards the edge of the cliff. I came to a halt at the edge of the forest line when I eventually arrived. I looked out the window and saw Seth sitting on the ground. He appeared to be waiting for me to arrive. I couldn't stop grinning. I was astonished that he showed up. So I stepped out of the trees and sat down next to Seth on the ground.

"Good morning." Seth greeted.

"Morning," I replied. "I must say that I am surprised you came today."

"Why wouldn't I come?"

We both looked at each other.

"I'm familiar with the meaning of the tattoo on your shoulder. And I doubt you'd be able to spot a vampire from a mile away." I started. "So tell me, why did you come despite the fact that you know I'm a vampire."

Seth laughed, but I had no idea why. How did you find this amusing? Is it amusing?

Seth began by saying, "You're right. I'm a werewolf with a lot of experience. As a result, I'm certain you're a vampire. Because I'm a werewolf, I know you're a 'vegetarian' vampire because your eyes are gold rather than red. As a result, you are not one of my enemies."

I have to admit, Seth left a lasting impression on me. He was still rather young, but he was clearly intelligent and well-informed about vampires. But what drew him here in the first place?

"Well, I'm impressed. What pack are you in any way?" I asked.

"The Black Pack," Seth replied. "It uses to be the Uley pack, but a change in events occurred which made me switch."

"Ah, I see."

Seth and I exchanged glances as we gazed into the distance. We didn't say anything to one other. I wished that things between us might take off, but I knew it would be impossible.

"Well Seth, I better be on my way." I started, as I stood up.

"What? What do you mean?"

"I am leaving Forks. At least for now." I explained.

"Why? When are you coming back?" Seth added.

"I do not know."

Seth lowered his gaze. I could see he wasn't happy about hearing the news. I didn't see it at first, but I'm starting to notice it now. Despite the fact that I am a vampire, Seth wanted to get to know me. And the strange part was that I wanted to learn more about him as well.

"I'll give you a deal, Seth." I began. "I will send you a postcard every day, while you send me a letter. And one day, I will come back and we can meet up."

"I'd like that," Seth said.

"Good, then it's settled."

Seth softly grabbed my wrist and brought me close to him just as I was about to leave. "I simply had to do that before you go," he murmured as he backed away from our lips for a single second.

Seth grinned and walked away. He left me with a lot of ideas running through my head. Despite the fact that my body was chilly and pallid, Seth's kiss made me feel warm on the inside. From that day on, I knew I would return to Forks in order to be with Seth once more.