Normal Didn't Last Long

Seth's POV:

I was walking back to the house with most of the pack behind me. When we got closer to the house, I saw Layla unloading grocery bags from the car. I could tell that something was bothering her because she didn't bother to wave at the boys and I. It was something she always did, but this time she didn't.

"Alright guys, I'll catch you later," I said, as I parted from the guys and jogged over to the house.

Since the garage was open, I just went in through the garage door, that led into our kitchen. I found Layla taking the food out of the grocery bags and putting them into the pantry or fridge. She loaded a lot of steak into the freezer and then threw the trash bags away.

"Layla, is everything alright?" I asked.

Layla stopped what she was doing. She didn't answer me. Instead, she ran past me and headed upstairs. I ran after her and followed her into the master bedroom.

"Layla!" I called

"Layla!" I called.

She sat down on the edge of the bed, as she looked down at her hands. I slowly approached her and took a seat next to her. She was starting to make me really nervous.

"Are you alright?"

Layla turned her head to me and said, "There is something I need to tell you."

"Is it something I should be concerned about?"

"I'm not exactly sure what to make of it." Layla continued. "Lately I have had quite the thirst for blood. I've been sticking to the steak, which is why I have been buying so much, but no matter what I seem to do it keeps getting stronger at times. It's even been hard to go to work too."

"How come you haven't told me sooner?" I asked.

"I didn't want you to worry. You have enough on your plate as it is."

"Layla, you are my wife. You are the most important thing in my life. You need to tell me these things, so we can face them together." I explained.

"I know but that is not the only thing that is wrong."

"What else is going on?"

"There are times when I feel nauseous. I've had times where I have been throwing up the contents of my stomach."

My eyes widened. This was definitely strange for a vampire. She shouldn't be having these symptoms or problems with her. Just then, the home phone rang. I reached for the phone, located on the nightstand, and answered it by saying, "Hello."

"Hey Alice," I said through the phone. "You had a vision. Yeah well, you are spot on. Layla just came clean to me. I don't know what it is and neither does she. What do you recommend? Okay, let me talk it over with her. Bye Alice."

I hung up the phone.

"What did Alice say?" she asked.

"She has been having visions of you, so she is worried. She thinks we should go see Carlisle."

"No! I don't want to get him involved."

"Layla, they are your family. If they know something that can help you, then we need to go." I argued. "Please do this for me. I don't know what I would do if something bad happened to you."

Layla looked into my eyes. She wasn't happy about this, but she gave in and agreed. Layla grabbed her purse and headed downstairs, where she waited for me in my truck. I called one of my pack members and told them that I would be gone for a while and that he needed to be in charge while I was gone. Then, I headed to my truck where Layla was waiting for me. We started driving home to Forks, Washington.