A New Vampire World

Seth's POV:

The next morning, I woke up early only to realize that Layla wasn't laying in the bed beside me. She was gone! I got out of bed and began checking all the rooms. I went into Charlize's nursery and found Layla holding our beautiful baby daughter. The smile on Layla's face was so bright that it made my heart melt. This sight made a smile appear on my face. 

"What are you two doing?" I asked.

Layla looked over at me and said, "I'm sorry but Charlize woke up crying. I had to get her before she woke Landon or you up."

She gently placed Charlize in her crib once she was fast asleep. I walked over to Layla and wrapped my arms around her waist, as I pulled her in close to me. I gently rested my head on her shoulder while we both looked down at Charlize. 

"I thought we would never have this again," Layla whispered. "But, I'm glad we do."

I kissed Layla on the cheek and replied, "Come on, we have a lot to get done today."

Layla and I left the nursery. Since the Volturi have been defeated, a lot of change has occurred. New things need to be implemented for both vampires and werewolves. We gathered together with Layla's family, our friends, and the werewolf packs. Now that there was no longer a Volturi making the rules a lot needed to be discussed. 

"The Volturi is no more," I began. "What we do now is the next step."

"We all know that our existence, both vampires and werewolves need to remain hidden." Layla acknowledged. 

"Yes, but how do we do that?" Alice asked. 

"By doing what we did before." Bella chimed in. "We can't control other vampires but we can control ourselves. Besides, it won't be long before another coven decides to step forward and take the Volturi's place."

"I have to agree," Layla said. "On the other side, we can all live the way we want to."

Edward pulled Bella closer to him while Renesmee joined her parents and Jacob held her hand. I gently placed his hands on Layla's shoulders. We looked over at the twins who were held by Rosaline and Esmee. Jasper stood behind Alice. Carlise and Emmett were next to each other. As I looked around at everyone, I realized how happy we all were. There was no fear of the Volturi anymore. We can finally live normally or what is left of it. 

***

Layla's POV:

I was back at home with the twins while Seth was out with the pack. I was in the living room taking care of Charlize and Landon when Renesmee came into the room. I was so surprised to see her but I was happy she was here!

"Aunt Layla, can I talk to you about something?" Renesmee asked. 

"Of course, take a seat!" I offered. "What is going on?"

"How did you know Seth was the one?"

I chuckled a bit because as a vampire, you specifically know when romance is real. 

"I knew Seth was the one because my feelings for him never faded," I answered. 

"That is so romantic, Aunt Layla!"

"What brought this up?" I asked. 

"While we were gone, Jacob and I started talking about marriage." Renesmee continued. "And since the Volturi aren't regulating anything anymore Jacob and I want to get married now."

"That is great, Renesmee!" I exclaimed. 

"Yeah but I am having second thoughts."

"Renesmee that is completely normal for anyone and since you are a hybrid it is totally normal for you to be feeling this. At the end of it all, you have to realize that what you feel for Jacob is real and you have to know that he feels the same way." I advised as I reached for her hand. "You are gonna make the right decision."

"Thank you," Renesmee whispered. 

"You're welcome!" I replied. "Now get going, you're not a mother so you shouldn't have to deal with all this responsibility. Go have some fun!"

Renesmee gave me a hug and said, "I love you, aunt Layla."