Graduation

Layla's POV

3 Years Later

It is a Friday afternoon and I was already running late to Seth's graduation. I am running late because one of my clients at the hospital decided to stop his heart for a second. I had to quickly act before we lost him. This eased my conscience a bit but still made me feel bad because Seth is very important to me and I didn't want to miss this for the world.

I was driving as fast as I could in my car so that I could make the graduation on time. I pulled into the parking lot and parked my car on the way back because that was the only space available. I jogged up to the entrance of the high school and quickly opened the double doors. I made my way down the hallway, toward the gym, as my heels clicked against the floor. I had made it just in time before the graduation ceremony was about to start.

I looked all over the place for an available seat. At the very front row for guests, just behind the graduating students, was an open seat. It had been saved for me by my niece Renesmee, who was sitting next to Jacob.

I walked to the seat and sat down.

"You made it just in time," Renesmee said.

"Oh good, I was a little worried." I chuckled.

The graduation ceremony began. It wasn't long before the principal started calling the graduates' names, so that they could come up on the stage, to claim their diplomas. When Seth's name was called, I quickly took out my cell phone and took a picture with him and the principal, as he held his diploma.

Then, the graduates threw their hats off because the ceremony was over and all of them had graduated. My family and I stood up to clap.

After the ceremony, the Cullen's and I, along with Seth's friends and family went outside to wait for Seth. When he came outside, A big smile appeared on my face. He looked so handsome in his ceremonial robe. Seth was much taller than he was three years ago. He was also much more buff, not only in human form but in wolf form. He has come a long way but Seth is an excellent werewolf fighter and member.

Seth walked over to me. He stopped in front of me and said, "I did it! I'm finally done."

"You sure have," I added, as I pulled him in for a hug. "I'm so proud of you."

Everyone around us took turns congratulating Seth on his accomplishment. His friends, family, and even my family were all proud of him.

"I hope you all don't mind if Layla and I take off." Seth interrupted. "But, I have a special surprise for her."

"What?"

Seth took my hand and led me over to his old, black Ford 1-50 truck. He opened the passenger door and helped me inside. Then, he hopped into the driver's seat and started his truck. He drove out of the parking lot and away from the school.

 He drove out of the parking lot and away from the school

"So where are you taking me?" I asked.

"You have to wait to find out." Seth smiled.

I rolled my eyes before I scooted closer to him and kissed him on the cheek.