A Nightmare Come True

Layla's POV: 

I was walking down the hall, as I headed to my room when all of a sudden someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me around the corner. It was so sudden that my body went in the very direction that I was being pulled. Before I knew it I was pushed up against the way by Alec, as his lips came crashing down on mine. Forcing me to kiss him.

Everything was going so fast. I tried to push him off of me, but it was no use. He kept coming closer and closer. I looked up at his forehead and gave him a terrible feeling of pain in his head. He took several steps back, as he looked up at the ceiling. It wasn't long before he fell to his knees in pain. I approached him, as I stared down at him.

I wanted to rid his shoulders of his head, but stopped myself and headed back to my room. I slammed the door behind me and locked it. I fell to my knees and looked down at my hands. Everything is changing. I'm changing! I found my abilities becoming stronger and broader. I don't know what is going on, but I am frightened. I need to learn to control this or the Volturi will not stop.

"Oh Seth, how I wish I was with you," I said to myself.

***

(The Next Day)

Aro's POV:

I was looking over urgent matters with my brothers when Alec walked into the room. He held his right arm with his left hand and appeared to be as if he was injured. I lowered the paper from my eyes. My brothers and I turned our attention toward Alec.

"My dear Alec," I began. "what on earth has happened?"

"That bi*** Layla did this!" Alec answered.

I looked over at Demetri and said, "Bring me, Layla, so we can clear all of this up."

It didn't take Demetri long to fetch Layla for me. When they came into a room, I began to smile. Layla didn't look pleased. She just stared up at me, as she waited for me to speak.

"Layla, Alec has brought to our attention that you have used your abilities against him. Is this true?" I asked.

"Yes," Layla admitted.

"Why have you done this?"

"He hit on me and I didn't appreciate it. I gave him a warning which he chose to ignore, so I did use my abilities." Layla explained.

"This goes against our deal," I stressed.

"Well, when you keep control of your dog than I wouldn't have to go against our deal." Layla snapped, as she turned around and walked away.

"We should watch that one," Caius suggested.

"Indeed," Marcus added into the conversation.

"Believe me, she is being watched like a hawk," I said.