Spending the Night

Layla's POV:

It was late in the evening. I was thinking about a lot of things, especially because vampires don't sleep. I was desperate to see Seth. I knew he was probably sleeping, but I didn't care just now. As I made my way to Seth's residence, I went through the forest. I tried to keep quiet because I was in werewolf territory. I examined the open ground when I got to Seth's house to make sure the coast was clear.

I peered through a window as I approached his house. I noticed that his sister was still awake, so I knew I had to find a another way in. When I looked up to the second level, I noticed a window that was wide open. I hopped up to the second level softly, making a little noise within the house, but not enough for Leah to notice.

I moved gently across his room. I sat down on his desk chair that he had pulled out. I kept an eye on Seth while he slept soundly in his bed. His head was resting on his pillow, and he was surrounded by covers. Every time he snored, I couldn't help but smile. It was adorable.

Seth awoke around two o'clock in the morning. He was shocked when he caught a sight of me and sat up in his bed. He was dressed in pajama bottoms and had no shirt.

"Shh," I said. "I am sorry to startle you. I didn't mean to spook you."

"No it's okay, I just didn't know it was you at first," Seth replied. "What are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to see you."

Seth drew his blankets back and urged me to join him. I got up and headed over to Seth's bed, where we climbed in together. He draped the covers over both of us. I lay my head on his chest as he wrapped his right arm around me.

"How did things go last night?" he asked, referring to the meeting with the witnesses.

"I have officially agreed to help them go against the Volturi," I responded. "I am happy with my decision, but I also fear what is to come."

Seth kissed the top of my head and said, "I'm proud of you."

I pushed myself to my feet and twisted my upper body around to face Seth. I locked my gaze on his. Then I turned to face the bed and began to explain what was on my mind.

"I know the packs are going to fight." I continued. "I know that you are going to fight. And that scares me."

"Why?"

"I have lost so much because of the Volturi. And I fear that I will lose more, due to them. I love you, Seth. And losing you will only bring more pain to my miserable immortal life."

Seth gently pressed his fingertips to my cheeks. He drew me closer as he went in for a kiss on the lips. Then I sat down again. As I rested my head on his chest, she began to drift back to sleep. I spent the entire night with him. Wishing that this moment would last forever and that everything will turn out fine in the future.