New Home, New Life

Layla's POV:

Seth and I made the decision to move out of our home so that we could be closer to my family until our children were born. I didn't have the heart to sell my family's home, so we simply left everything there, except for the things that we need on a daily basis. Seth found a good-sized house near the Cullen's house. We decided to buy it and haven't wasted any time moving into it. In fact, today is the day where Seth and I officially move in and make this new house our new and temporary home. It was only 1,000 feet down the way from Carlisle's place.

Since I was pregnant with twins, Seth and I thought it would be best and safe for us to be near family. They could help us through the nine months of pregnancy, along with giving birth. After all, Carlisle was a doctor so he would be a big help. It also calmed me down about this upcoming event because I had no idea what I was doing or what to expect. I had no idea what my kids will be like. Will they end up like Renesmee? Or perhaps they will end up like Seth, or a combination of us both.

Seth drove up the driveway and opened the garage when we were close enough. I sat patiently in the passenger seat, as Seth drove into the garage and parked the truck. Then, he closed the garage and got out of the truck. I pushed my car door open and started climbing down from the seat. Seth rushed over to me as if I was having a hard time getting down.

"You should wait for me," Seth advised. "You're pregnant now. You need to be careful."

I rolled my eyes and said, "I may be pregnant, but I am not helpless. At least not yet."

Seth followed me into the house. Once we were inside, I dropped everything in front of the door and took off my shoes. I walked over to the nearest couch, which was in the living room next to the kitchen, and laid down. I was so tired that I just wanted to sleep, but I couldn't.

I looked over at Seth, who was looking at me from a distance

"What's wrong?" I asked, with concern in my voice.

Seth didn't answer me. He simply walked over to me and sat down on the floor, that was in front of me. I laid my head on the pillow, as I looked at Seth. I moved my left hand over to his head, where I started brushing his hair back.

"Babe, what is wrong?"

He still didn't answer. Seth gently grabbed my shirt and moved it up, showing my 5-week pregnant belly. He gently set his hand on top of my stomach. I looked down at his hand and back at Seth. I placed my hand on his hand, causing Seth to look over at me.

"What's wrong?" I repeated.

"I'm nervous and excited," he confessed. "I don't know what to expect and that scares me. Something could go wrong."

"Seth, look at me," I said, as I gently turned his head to face mine. "You have to stop worrying about the future and enjoy the present. You are going to be a father. I will be right by your side."

A smile appeared on Seth's face. He started to gently stroke the top of my belly. I wasn't showing a lot, but it was surely starting.

"I love you, Seth," I whispered.

Seth stopped stroking my belly and leaned forward, to kiss me on the lips.