001

GAZING out the windows that stretch from the roof to the wooden floorboards, I realise that I've never appreciated the view from the Avengers Tower.

The sunlight pools into my large bedroom, streaks of sun rays scatter over the messy sheets of my unmade bed. The oversized band shirt I managed to sneak out of my father's bedroom stops at my lower thighs, hiding my Star Wars pyjama shorts underneath, followed by my thigh-high, fluffy socks.

Focusing my attention back to the view before me, I watch as the people on the streets push past each other, rushed, as cars impatiently line up as the light turns red.

I'm snapped out of my trance as I hear my door creak open. My quick reflexes cause me to grab my handgun from under my mattress and aim to fire.

"Woah!" My Father exclaims, dropping the cup of tea he held in his hand.

"Dad! I'm so sorry!" Gasping, I quickly slide the gun back under my mattress, approaching him and the mess.

"Careful! You're only wearing socks, and I don't want to clean up tea and blood," Dad rushes, holding his hands out for me to stay put, before rushing back into the kitchen.

Rolling my eyes, I easily step over the mess and follow the wildly idiotic billionaire, Tony Stark, down the large hallway before taking a seat at the breakfast bar, next to Steve.

"Kids are easy, they said. They won't pull a gun on you, they said." Dad mumbles as he gathers paper towelling in his hand.

"She pulled a gun on you?" Steve chuckles and looks over at me, holding his hand out for me to high-five, which I gladly do.

"Yeah, and it's your fault since you decided to teach her those-" Dad freezes after turning around, shocked to see me sitting before him and not in my room as requested. "-I thought I told you to wait in your room, young lady," Dad scolds as he turns around to see me sitting and the breakfast bar.

"I'm your daughter, do you expect any less of me?" I question, shrugging. Steve nods, accepting my excuse, causing Dad to roll his eyes at the both of us.

"Can someone please tell me why there's a brown puddle surrounded by what seems to be a broken mug, outside of Cass' room?" We hear Nat shout from the hallway.

"It was Dad's fault!" I quickly point the finger at my Father.

"You know what, even after looking after you for sixteen years, you're still only five years old." He shakes his head at me.

"You know it," I wink.

"Don't you have school?" Dad narrows his eyes at me. "Spring Break is over, right?"

I nod in response. "Don't you have a mess to clean?" I chuckle, strutting back into my room to get changed.

Jumping over the mess, I enter my walk-in wardrobe and quickly throw on a sweater, some jeans and converse.

"Cap, I'm ready to go!" I shout, grabbing my school bag from the floor, kneeling down and giving my Father, who is crouched at the front of my room to clean the mess he made, a kiss on the cheek and a quick "love you, dad," before running to the garage.

"Cap? You down- Hey Bucky!" I whip my head around and see Bucky in the gym.

"Cassandra, hey," Bucky runs his calloused right hand through his hair and holds the red, leather punching bag steady with his metal arm.

"Have you seen Steve? I need to get to school," I question, yawning.

"Yeah, he's uh- getting his jacket," Bucky replies before returning to the punching bag, not glancing at me once.