024

SCHOOL is the last place I want to be right now.

Why? Oh, no reason. My relationship with my boyfriend is only the most discussed thing across gossip outlets this week.

Which means more paparazzi and less time with Bucky. Not happy.

Leaving school is the worst part of it. I got away with it for a bit, false word going around saying I went to some snobby private school in lower Manhattan. That was until some idiot put a photo of me on the school website.

So now, here I am. With Peter in my passenger seat and literal inches from being able to turn onto the road in the student parking if these cameras had nothing to do with it.

Not wanting to further hold up classmates who wait behind me, I take matters into my own hands. I put the car in park and open the roof. Standing on my seat so I can pop my head comfortably out of the roof of my car, I raise my voice.

"Before I accidentally run you guys the fuck over, move out of the fucking way! People are trying to get home!"

"Yeah!" Peter exclaims, scrambling to unclasp his seatbelt so he can pop his head up, too.

It's not long before we're back in our seats and driving out of the driveway while the paps part like the dead sea.

If this overdramatised news story doesn't fade within the week I don't know how I'm gonna survive it in one piece.

-

Bucky enjoys being domestic.

Doing the grocery shopping, going out to buy himself some new clothes once in a while. That sort of thing.

So when my phone rings as soon as my butt hits the couch with the name baby across the top, I know he's being bombarded at the grocery store.

I hum along with the beep that's been sounding before every phone call for the last I-don't-know-at-this-point.

"Hey, so I think I underestimated how big of a deal this whole relationship thing was,"

So, even though I just pulled into the garage below the facility after dropping Peter off at home, I grab the car keys sitting next to me and head to the elevator, phone pressed up against my ear by my shoulder.

"How so?" I ask as the elevator door opens, and in no time I get back into a car and pull onto the busy Manhattan streets.

"I can barely see in front of me, Doll," I can hear Bucky practically pout from over the phone and I giggle.

"Are you at the Whole Foods?" I question as I continue down the road, the Whole Foods coming into view as I put my indicator on.

He hums in response before speaking up. "Why..?" He questions as I circle the carpark.

"No reason," I respond before quickly hanging up upon finding a park, turning the key and getting out of the car before locking it. Long strides were taken to the entrance and the large commotion from the back of the store hints to Bucky's location.

I twirl my keys in my hand as I walk through the aisles, grabbing a bar of chocolate from the shelf as I see Bucky's broad back at the deli.

"I got some chocolate," I say in greeting, my hand gently resting on his shoulder as I place the chocolate bar into his basket.

Bucky jumps slightly before he breaks into a warm smile upon seeing me.

"What else did you get?" I ask him, glancing down at the basket to find puff pastry, an assortment of apples and brown sugar.

"Apple pie stuff,"

"To..?"

"Make apple pie?"

"You know how to bake?" My mouth opens slightly in surprise. A man, from the forties, baking?

"Probably much better than you do," Bucky chuckles and I roll my eyes – so what if he's right?

"Hurtful," I reply as we make our way to the registers. "True, but hurtful," I say as I place the items on the conveyor belt.

The cheery cashier begins to pack our items in a paper bag as Bucky pulls out his wallet.

"It was actually my Mom's recipe," Bucky smiles softly, looking down at me and my eyes soften. Bucky shoots the young cashier a warm smile while handing the money while I grab the paper bag and turn to Bucky in response.

"You remember it?" I ask him as we briskly walk out of the automatic glass doors and to the car.

"Sort of, it came to me and I scribbled it down in my journal before I forgot it a couple days ago. We'll see if it works,"

I hum along as I unlock the car, handing Bucky the paper bag and getting on my tip-toes, expecting a kiss.

So, with one hand around the paper bag and the other fiddling with the door handle, he presses his lips to mine.

And we soon realise where we are when the cameras tear us out of our little fantasy.

"Time to go home," I giggle, pressing one more short kiss to his lips before going the other side of the car, jumping in and heading home.

-

Steve was planning on making a roast tonight.

But I want to say it's happening tomorrow since Bucky and I kicked him out of the kitchen to make his Mom's apple pie. Hopefully they're ordering pizza because baking the apple pie is really making me hungry.

"The pastry needs to be crossed like this," Bucky's chin rests on my shoulder as his hands come from behind me to help me fix the pastry that's to sit atop the pie.

His hands guide mine to weave the pastry as Bucky presses a soft kiss to my shoulder.

"We can't forget to put the egg wash on top," he whispers and I nod, a wide grin across my face as I lift my fingers up to Bucky for him to lick the apple residue off. Which he gladly does before walking away to grab a pastry brush to egg wash the top of the pie.

"Finishing touch?" I ask as I wipe my hand with a tea towel before grabbing a pinch of cinnamon sugar and sprinkling it on top.

"Done!" I grin up at Bucky and press a kiss to his cheek. His lips turn up into a warm smile before popping the pie into the preheated oven.

"We'll have apple pie in approximately one hour!" I cheer as Bucky and I walk into the living room hand-in-hand as everyone impatiently waits for food. Groans were all that could be heard.

"But pizza is on the way!"

That seemed to change the mood.

"Someone has to go get it from downstairs, though,"

I have never seen so many heads turn to look at Peter in my life.

"This is bullying and I will not stand for it,"

No one responds to him and he just groans, stands up, snatches the money from Dad's hand and trots slowly to the elevator.

"Love you Pete!" I send him a thumbs up.

The hand gesture he sends me back wasn't nearly as kind.

yall the STRESS that overcame me after rereading my bonus chapter on cass' mum and i noticed cass' birthday was march 30 and i remembered that bucky's birthday was march something and i was like bitch....... if out of the 365 days i gave my MAIN CHARACTER the SAME BIRTHDAY AS BUCKY I SWEAR but his birthday is march 20 (or 10? google sucks) so we're ok. just wanted to share that lol.