021

COFFEE is the reason Bucky and I lie awake in his bed at close to two in the morning.

Some idiot, who is usually referred to as Steve, can't handle the cold so, as one does, he turns on the heating before he goes to sleep. And doesn't turn it off.

It must be the scrawny idiot in him. Only now he's just an idiot. Because Bucky and I have thrown any form of blanket and/or heat inducing material off of the bed.

Including clothing.

So, even though we turned off the heating as soon as we got home an hour ago, I'm still boiling hot in my bra and loose track-shorts, and sweat still glistens Bucky's forehead even though he's merely in boxers.

That doesn't stop us from practically lying on top of each other, though.

And by practically I mean literally.

My chest is pressed up against Bucky's and my legs are on either side of his body, my fingers threaded through his soft locks. Just looking into each other's eyes.

"You're so cute," he smiles up at me, our drawn curtains allowing the soft white light from the quiet Manhattan streets illuminate Bucky's face.

"I could beat the shit out of you," I reply and he breathily laughs.

"I know," he responds lovingly, pressing a tender, sloppy kiss to my lips.

His left hand makes its way from behind his head to the side of my neck and I instantly gasp at how cold the metal is on my skin.

"Bucky-" I plead, sitting up and grabbing his hand from my neck. "So cold," I hum, moving his left hand over my face and exhaling gratefully.

"My hand?" Bucky questions and I nod, letting go of his hand and letting him move it around my body to cool me down.

His hand, which sat comfortably on the right side of my face, whirs as he moves his fingers around. More specifically, when he eases his thumb in between my lips. I giggle and kiss the tip of his thumb, before he moves his hand lower. Down my neck, ghosting it over my collarbone and under my bra-strap, he suddenly stops himself.

I let him know I'm okay with it, not with my words, but by reaching behind me and unclasping my bra, letting it slide down my arms and to the right of us.

Bucky's breath becomes uneasy as he continues to drag his hand down my side, his thumb curving up where my breast begins and then ends.

The coolness of the metal causes a shiver to course down my spine, which then prompts me to adjust myself on Bucky's crotch.

Bucky inhales sharply as his eyes hungrily drink me in.

I lower myself back down to him so I feel his warm breath ghost over my lips, my bare chest pressed against his. The 2am Manhattan lights illuminating every curve and crease of his face. Defining the way the crevice of his neck dips to his collarbone.

Bucky's right hand slips itself under the side on my underwear, rubbing my hip soothingly with his thumb. Innocently. Intimately.

"I love you," Bucky mumbles against my temple, pressing a soft kiss there and down my jawline.

I hum at him, lifting myself up slightly to kiss him on the lips.

"I love you too," I tell him, not daring lift my face an inch more from his face as he litters kisses across my jaw, down my neck. And we fall asleep, not all at once, not together. Slowly our kisses become more spaced out and our breathing slows a little bit more.

And so, barely clothed with the lack of heating coming in to full effect, we wake up freezing.

-

Pepper and I have been talking about having a girls day for months, and today is the day we both happened to be free.