025

"HAVE you ever thought about your future?" I ask Bucky as we lie, bare, in his bed.

I've begun to move my things into Bucky's room. Including a gorgeous painting of an abundance of lilies inside an extravagant golden frame. The room needed a bit of flare to it. My fingers dance in the grooves of Bucky's metal arm as he hums in response to my question, tilting my chin up and pressing a sweet kiss to my lips.

"I never thought I'd have one," is Bucky's answer before pressing another kiss to my lips.

"Never thought I deserved one," Bucky's right arm that's curled around my shoulders adjusts slightly as I turn myself so my chest is in contact with his.

My eyebrows furrow at I look up at him through my eyelashes.

"The things I did-"

"Were not your fault,"

Bucky purses his lips before nodding softly. His eyes not totally meeting mine.

"Hey," I say to catch his attention, bringing my hand up and allowing my fingers to ghost over his jaw. His chest heaves up and down in a spur of stress, his mind wandering places they shouldn't.  "The man who did that? That's not you. You shared the same hands but not the same mind," I sternly say, glancing up at him.

Bucky responds by pulling me in for a kiss before muttering a small I love you. I kiss back, mirroring his passion before responding with the same.

"You ever thought about moving out of the tower?" I ask again, rephrasing my question as I lift myself up properly as so my neck doesn't strain.

Bucky hums again, his used-to-be calloused fingers that grow softer by the day tracing circles onto my shoulder and up my neck, tickling me ever so slightly.

"Have you?"

"I asked you first,"

"I need to hear your answer before I can give you mine," is what Bucky tells me and I laugh softly. This man.

I ponder for a moment before responding.

"Yes, I have,"

"Where would you go?"

"A small house, still here in Manhattan..." my eyes drift from Bucky's face and to his bookshelf just beyond his face. "A townhouse," I continue, eyes fixated on the spines of books. "Something with character."

"That sounds nice," Bucky twirls a few strands of my hair between his fingers and grins cheekily down at me.

"You're avoiding the question," I raise my eyebrows at him, moving my head away from his face slightly to look at him, properly and disapprovingly.

"You've heard my answer," Bucky merely shrugs and I cock my head to the side.

I snicker softly as I roll my eyes. "Oh have I?"

"My answer is your answer,"

I look up at him with my bottom lip jutted out snd my eyes shining.

"Because my future is yours," Bucky continues as my hand makes his way from his arm to his cheeks.

"That was really cute," my lips grow into a loving smile as I press my lips to his, melting into him as I hoist myself up and closer to him.

"That word's never been used to describe me before,"

"Well get used to it, Barnes," I grin and curl my legs through his, entwined.

"Because I guess we're in this for the long haul."

-

Bucky and I walk hand in hand in the middle of Central Park, a beige trench coat draped over me to keep me warm as the weather continues to drop.

Bucky, no thanks to my constant badgering, is wearing the beautiful new black jacket I got him. But if it was up to him he'd wear the first thing he could find in his closet.

Good thing it's not up to him.

Bucky's right hand holds a picnic basket filled with cheeses, breads, meats and fruits for us to snack on throughout our day we plan to spend basking on the grass.

Before we left to walk to the grand park I made sure to brew a great bunch of tea into a thermos to last the day, and that is being held close to my body, along with the picnic blanket tucked under my armpit.

As soon as we find our area to camp out, I lay down the blanket and practically topple onto it, longing for a chance to lie down after our long walk here.

Hopefully I can convince Bucky to want to get a cab home.

I roll over onto my stomach as Bucky places the basket down before me and begin to help him unload the food, setting out the large platter nicely as to easily eat off of – most food not surviving the journey from the basket to the large plate as we nibble on food while placing them down.

Bucky then grabs his phone he let sit in the picnic basket on our travels here – playing a playlist he had curated late last night in anticipation for today. A medley of classic jazz coupled with the indie music I had introduced him to.

Bucky's also made himself familiar with poetry. Apparently it wasn't as popular among war boys in the forties (who would have thought?).

I lie with my head resting on Bucky's chest, the food placed within arms reach of the both of us so we don't have to sit up to eat. Bucky's left hand is caressing my cheek as his right hand holds his poetry book open, reciting poems softly to me as I hum along to the solemn jazz music that plays.

Children and families run along beside us. Families have laid down picnic blankets of their own and are making the most of the beautiful weather with those that they love most.

Groups of teenagers are lying on the bare grass, blasting playful tunes while in deep conversations with each other. The elderly take their morning strolls around the park, hand in hand with the person they've grown old with.

Leaves are falling off of the trees as autumn begins, the air gets a little bit chilly, the trees get a little more colourful, and there's a little more love to go around.

I abruptly stop Bucky as he's mid poem to kiss him softly before taking a sip of tea.

"Any reason for that?" He playfully questions as he turns the page of his book.

"Nope!" I grin back at him, taking a refreshing breath in and cocking my head to the side. "Just in love with you."

if more of yall dont leave questions on my q&a chapter im gonna get big sad :(

ALSO!! this is a genuine and completely out of the blue question (seriously though) how long do you think until this book is going to end? im asking realistically so dont say never, im curious hehe

& no there wont be a sequel i cant do sequels BUT if u like my writing i have a peter parker fic ive basically stopped updating bc its flopping n this book has really raised the standard of what clout my writings shld get lol

any other people (real n fiction) you'd want me to write ab? thinking of a timothee or david dobrik fic 🤧 i also have a sirius black book in the works if yall fucks with that