013

TONIGHT, Dad has taken it upon himself to take the Avengers out for a celebratory dinner to applaud another successful mission.

That, or he wanted an excuse to go to his favourite restaurant that he wouldn't normally be able to go to, seeing as he's practically drowning in paperwork at the moment.

As this dinner is quite fancy and is taking place at a very high-class and 5-star restaurant I haven't stepped foot in for months — I'm stressing over what I should wear.

So, naturally, I'm sprinting back-and-forth from Bucky's room and back to mine again, hands full of dresses, shoes, and everything in between.

I'm surprised I haven't slipped on the floorboards by now, since I'm wearing a pair of very fluffy socks and the floors were cleaned barely 24 hours ago.

"What colour?" I question after bursting into Bucky's room for the fifth time in the past fifteen minutes. Bucky has barely buttoned up all of his dress shirt when I enter, and despite seeing him shirtless countless times when we've trained together, I can't help but gawk.

Holding up the two dresses that are identical despite the fact that one is a soft pink and the other is a sky blue, Bucky stares me down.

"Is it that important?"

"You ask that question every time I come in, and every time the answer is yes. So which one?"

"Hold 'em up to you, Doll," Bucky adjusts his collar and steps towards me.

"I doubt this is gonna help," I huff as I lift up both dresses next to me so Bucky's eyes could quickly flip between the two.

"Maybe you could try 'em on for me?" Bucky smiles as he holds my waist and I roll my eyes at him.

"Buck, we're leaving in an hour, please help me decide," I look up at him with a pout and he only leans down so his lips graze mine.

"Maybe a kiss will help me decide?" Bucky insists, and I bring my lips to his for a quick peck before turning my attention back to the dresses.

Bucky only hums lowly and I look at him sternly, and his posture shifts as if he's back in the army.

"I like the blue one,"

"Thank you," I send Bucky a cheeky smile, tilting his chin down to press a tender kiss on his lips.

"You should wear a blue tie," I hush, glancing upwards to look into Bucky's eyes before returning my gaze to his lips, kissing him once more. "...So we can match," I give him a peck on the cheek and send him a quick wink before making my way back to my room to get ready, not giving Bucky a chance to speak.

-

My heels cause a hollow echo to bounce off of the hardwood floors as I scurry out of the elevator and onto the party floor, where FRIDAY had announced we had to be by 5 pm.

It's 5:15 pm and I'm the first one here.

Thankfully, Dad emerges from around the corner with a large grin on his face and a champagne in hand.

"What happened to meeting up at 5 pm? I've been here for 15 minutes!" I huff, glancing at the Gucci watch wrapped securely around my right wrist.