004

WANDA helps me lower the last of my boxes through the massive hole in the floor of my old floor to the living room of Bucky and Steve's floor.

"All done!" Wanda smiles and lowers herself onto the floor where I'm sitting on one of my boxes – worn out.

"What're you huffing and puffing for? You didn't need to move boxes with your mind," Wanda jokes, placing her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, well I had to catch them when you decided to drop them on me," I glare, grabbing the water bottle sitting at my feet and bringing it to my lips.

"What's going on?" Bucky wanders in and his eyes slowly scan over the various boxes and items of furniture sitting around and finally - his eyes land on the giant hole in the roof.

"Wha-"

"Tony and Cass decided to throw around a bowling ball, and then halfway through destroying Cass' floor they decided to set it on fire," Wanda explains and I scoff.

"Don't speak about extreme volleyball in such a derogatory way!" I lift a finger up at Wanda and she merely rolls her eyes, turning her attention back to Bucky.

"So you're stuck with her, now," Wanda smiles sweetly before turning on her heels and getting into the elevator and Bucky shrugs.

"Nothin' I don't know about her already, right Doll?" Bucky winks at me.

"Help me bring my bed frame into my room, please," I smile sweetly at Bucky, ignoring his previous statement as we both pick up either side of the bed and he leads me into my new bedroom.

"'Apparently Steve's off on a mission tomorrow," I look up at Bucky as we place the bed frame into the middle of the large guest room. Bucky nods and follows me back into the living room where all my stuff still sits.

"'Ve got it —" Bucky lifts my mattress up effortlessly and I allow him, grabbing my bedsheets and pillows and follow him back "Yeah, he's going to be gone for a month or so," Bucky confirms what I stated.

I hum in response. "So I've shown up at just the right time, huh?" I smile up at him, tossing the sheets and pillows onto the bed, unmotivated to fix them.

"Yeah, I guess so," Bucky smiles, fully, at me.

"Good luck," I joke, tossing him a pillow-case for him to stuff a pillow into.

A small laugh erupts from him which causes me to smile. "I might need it," he sends me a wink.

-

Bucky headed off for his training with Natalie after graciously helping me bring my large dresser into my room and despite all the work he had done, helping me with my room, he still apologised towards the fact that he couldn't stay to do the rest.

After placing the last of my books onto my bookcase that stays nestled in the corner of my room, left of the large window enclosed with grey curtains.

My room looks almost identical to the one from my floor, as all floors have almost identical layouts and lucky for me, the boys decided to keep the room that would be mine if I were on my floor, vacant.

I hear the rolling of wheels outside of my bedroom door. Knowing that it's Steve with his suitcase, I jump out of my room in an instant to say goodbye.

"Holy shit-! What are you-?" Steve exclaims, questioning why I was on his floor.

"Oh, Dad and I trashed my floor so I'm living here now. Exciting! Anyway, I wanted to say goodbye, good luck and I love you and stay safe," I quickly exclaim, throwing my arms around him and kissing him on the cheek.

"I'll see you next month then, roommate," Steve smiles and walks into the elevator.

"Stay safe, Cap!" I smile and salute him, he sends me a wink as the elevator doors close.

-

Bucky and I decided that to celebrate my first night on his floor by sneaking Asgardian liquor from my Dad's floor.

Okay, I snuck Asgardian liquor from my Dad's floor.

And Bucky doesn't know.

Yet.

"Bucky! As you are obviously super stoked by my being on your floor until further notice–"

"I'm obviously jumping with joy,"

Bucky is leaning against the breakfast bar, his toned arms folded against his chest - clad in a black sweater. And a perfectly angled smirk overtaking his features.

"Soon – hopefully – you will be! Because I'm a great person and fetched –" I reveal the large flask of Asgardian liquor from behind my back, grinning.

"No. No, no, no," Bucky disapproves, grabbing the bottle out of my hand and placing it on the bar behind him. "That is way too strong for you. Hell – it's almost too strong for me!" Bucky scoffs.

"I know for a fact that that alcohol is the only alcohol strong enough to get your super-soldier ass even the slightest bit tipsy," I point at the bottle.

"If it bothers you that much – I have my perfectly good stash of flavoured vodkas sitting in the fridge," I smile convincingly. Bucky still shakes his head at me.

"Well –" I pause, before moving towards the fridge and grabbing a magnet that holds up a photo of Peter and me at a school fair and waltz back up to Bucky. Unsure as to if it would work, I reluctantly place the magnet on his left bicep – and it sticks!

"Well..." I continue, unable to hide the grin dancing across my face. "I will continuously put magnets onto your arm for the entirety of the night and for as long as I may reside on this floor," I threaten, looking at Bucky through my lashes whilst grabbing another magnet and holding his hand, placing it on his left palm.

He doesn't say anything, he just calmly takes the magnets off of his arm and sending me a look, before taking a large swig from the bottle of Asgardian liquor.

-

I never thought Bucky could be so giggly.

I also never thought that something as odd as mango vodka could taste so good.

"I don't think I can come with the terms that you were a lady's man, Buck," I giggle over his profound stories about the amounts of women he used to court.

"Well you better believe it, Cassy," Bucky shrugs, allowing his arm to rest on the back of the couch behind me.

"Please don't call me Cassy," I laugh, poking his cheek, before gasping. "Your hair is almost as long as mine!"

"That's not saying much, Stark," Bucky grins down at me and twirls my hair between his fingers.

"Maybe we should colour yours so it looks exactly like mine!"

"Not when you've practically drunk the entire Pacific Ocean, doll," Bucky chuckles.

"I'm starting to suspect that you're not as drunk as I am," I furrow my brows and point my finger in his face.

"It takes a bit of alcohol to spread through a body as with as much muscle as mine," Bucky winks at me and I scoff.

"That is false," I giggle, reaching my hand out to feel his right bicep.

"Okay that may be true," I conclude while poking his bicep.

"You know what? Fun's over, Little Miss Drunk!"Bucky grabs the alcohol from the table in front of us and places it on the highest ledge on the floor. I pout. "Time to drink some water, let's sober you up, Doll."

I slump my shoulders in defeat and reluctantly grab the water bottle out of Bucky's hand.

"Hey Buck," I get his attention before taking a huge gulp of water.

"Hmm?" He raises his eyebrows in response.

"You're really pretty," I give Bucky a huge grin and I watch as Bucky's cheeks tinge red.

"Well I look pretty good for someone who's 100 years old," he chuckles. "Now drink your water, that headache's gonna be a bitch tomorrow."