028

TODAY is a me day.

I've got quite a lot on the agenda – not including the Christmas shopping I still need to do – and it's all been scribbled out on a spare piece of paper from my maths book. Nothing fancy, just very lonesome and low-key. For example – get coffee and brunch from cute cafe – what cute cafe? I don't know just yet.

But, one thing is certain (and it's certain because it's underlined and circled at the top of the page), all travelling is done on foot!

So I just thank God it's sunny out today.

Bucky's gone out to upstate New York with Steve and Sam for the day and Peter's gone on his first ever date with MJ. So today was a great day to start my little me-day outing in Lower Manhattan.

The heels of my platformed sandals – despite the loud noise they make – can't be heard when paired with the bustling streets of a Saturday morning. I take a quick turn into a cafe, my hand frantically searching my tote for my Stark Industries reusable cup before placing my order. I busily text Dad an update on what I'm up to with one hand while tapping my card with the other. It's not long before my name's being called out and my coffee's found it's way into my hand.

To the museum we go!

I know drinks aren't allowed in the museum, but that wont stop me from taking small sips and savouring the flavour. I'll take the long route if that's what it takes.

I don't make take many steps before my phone buzzes uncontrollably with Dad's scrunched up face lighting my phone screen.

I sing along with the the high-pitched beep as it sounds on my phone.

"Hey Cass- What was that?"

"What was what?"

"That noise, what was that noise?"

"Oh! That was me, this annoying beep noise plays every time I'm on a call with someone and I just sing along with it now — must be because the new iPhone just came out. Do you think that Apple purposely fucks up old phones when new ones-"

"I'm sorry, what?"

My eyes widen as I realise I just swore on the phone with my Father.

"Sorry! Didn't mean to swear," I quickly apologise as I turn the corner onto a side street.

"No, I don't care about that," Dad quickly brushes off.

A sigh of relief blows past my lips.

"What did you say about the beeping noise?" He brings up and I furrow my eyebrows.

"Nothing, it's just annoying," I shrug, taking a sip of my coffee as I continue down the alley to the museum.

"Come home now,"

My mood instantly changes as I hear Dad's stern orders.

"What? Why?" I ask, concerned as I stop right in my tracks.

"Someone is recording your phone calls. Turn around, get a cab and get here as soon as humanely possible," Dad's voice is rushed and dripping with worry which causes me to stand up straight and make my way to a main road as quick as I can.

Because I'm in danger.

"Somebody may be following you. If they bugged your phone then they're tracking it, too. Stay on the phone with me, tell me as soon as you get into a cab,"

"Okay," I respond.

"Is there anyone suspicious around you? Describe them to me,"

"Dad, I'm on the streets of New York City, of course there's-"

"Cassandra, don't joke now, please," Dad begs and I quickly nod despite knowing he can't see me.

"There's one guy, I guess," I lower my voice to a mere hush as I shrug my bag higher on my shoulder. I then describe the man to Dad as I walk past him, lowering my voice as I slow myself down to make sure I get every feature while also making sure he can't hear me.

Deep red hoodie – which is weird for this weather – the hood pulled up. I can't see his face, I explain, but there's burns on his hands.

I can't continue with my explanation because Dad's already frantically shouting at me to run and get the fuck out of there.

I mean, I could of. If the burnt hand that was so leisurely tucked away in the mans pocket hadn't reached out, grabbed the side of my face and smashed it into the brick wall next to him as soon as he got the chance to.

-

My head is throbbing.

And not headache throbbing. Not migraine throbbing. Poorly suppressed wound throbbing.

Slowly bleeding out on a cold, concrete floor with my hands tied behind my back and my feet chained to the wall.

The only movements I can make is slowly rolling around on the ground, but even that hurts to much. There's a very blinding light in the room – I can barely open my eyes. I don't need to see though, I can feel it. I can feel the dirty bandage wrapped poorly around the bleeding left side of my skull, which stings and aches. I can feel hot blood dripping down the side of my face, curving at the dip of my cheeks until it reaches the corner of my mouth.

If I'm still bleeding then it hasn't been long since I was attacked. Which means I'm possibly still in New York.

I attempt to cry out but my voice is hoarse.

"Can someone at least fix my fucking bandage?" I croak as I try to sit up in the tiny cell. It's no use unless I can muster up the energy to crawl to the other end of the room though – my feet have been chained to the wall adjacent to me.

They've taken the decency to change me into a bland grey sweater with matching track pants – the same decency wasn't given to my still bleeding injury. Maybe that's their plan, to let me gain an infection and succumb to my wounds so by the time someone finds me I'll be dead.

I've ruined Peter's date, he's surely found out what's happened by now. Dad's probably ripping his hair out trying to get any and all information on my whereabouts when he should he caring for his pregnant wife who is due any day now and a child that is about he be wholly his. Not some discarded thing that was dropped on him out of the blue. Things were going right for everyone.

I hope Bucky is okay. He better not come to me, that's what these people want. They want him back, they've seen the good he's done for the Avengers and want to get their best weapon back – to rip away everything good that Bucky has.

He better not come. I will hate him if he comes for me.

But he will. Of course he will.

And all I can do is lie on this cold concrete floor and think about it until someone decides to come check on me.

I hope they don't take long.

I'm hungry.

my posting is all over the place like i uploaded TWO DAYS AGO but i mean lol ive been so excited to publish this chapter like even more so than cass n bucky's first kiss but like ahhhh an actual plot to this book? who woulda thought so anyway see u in a week if i can resist the urge to update i just want yall to sit on this while i laugh hehe love yall!