Tony Stark has gone missing

hi yall! these lil things i pop in between chapters are lil bonus things that're written is past tense and in third person that basically just give insight into cassandra's past! lmk if you like them and want more :)

CASSANDRA has no idea what's going on as she clutches onto Pepper Potts' coffee brown blazer as they exit the car.

She doesn't know why her Mommy is crying, and she doesn't know where her Daddy is either.

"Is Daddy here?" Cassandra pouts as she turns to look at Pepper, who sniffles and nods softly, letting Cassandra walk beside her with her hand squeezing Pepper's.

"Daddy's gonna be here any second, Star," Pepper smiles down at her and Cassandra beams up at her guardian, jumping up and down as they approach the tarmac where a US Air Force plane sits, doors sitting tightly shut as the propellers slowly inch their way to a stop.

"I'm wearing his favourite dress!" Cassandra grins to Happy and Pepper, spinning around so they can get a better look.

Pepper remembers when Tony got that dress for her – it's the only time he does shopping himself, really – when he's buying something for his daughter. Cassandra had seen the $12 dress sitting in clearance in a department store. It was of white linen material with thin, vertical pink stripes and three faux white buttons just at the collar. Cassandra had fallen in love with it as soon as she saw it – and without a second glance at the pricey store Tony was planning on taking her to, to find a dress for the dinner they had been invited to that was merely nights away – he bought it for her.

That was two months before Tony Stark went missing.

It was now five months later, and Cassandra was longing for her Father every day – and as much as she wanted to wear that dress everywhere she went – she promised herself that the next time she wore it her Dad could see her wear it, too.

The large doors to the plane begin to lower themselves, and Pepper quickly grabs Cassandra's attention to such.

Cassandra could see her Daddy standing up from his wheelchair and slowly making his way down the walkway, holding steady onto her Uncle Rhodey with one arm and his other fastened into a sling.

She knew to stay put and wait for him to come to her, her Mommy had told her so in the car on the way over, because Daddy isn't that well and we have to be careful today. Cassandra nodded, she just wanted to see her Daddy.

Tony flashes his daughter the biggest grin as he sees her standing there with her hand in Pepper's, jumping up and down, eager to hug her Father.

As soon as Rhodey steps away from her Father, Cassandra sees that as the go-ahead for her to rip her hand from Pepper's and run towards her Dad, hugging his legs as soon as she can get ahold of them. Despite the pain surging through Tony Stark's body, he bends down and grabs his daughter with his good arm, smothering her with kisses.

"I love your dress, Cassie – whoever got that for you must be awesome,"

"They are awesome, Daddy,"

Cassandra's arms wrap tightly around the person she loves so dearly as he kisses her forehead before walking towards Pepper.

"I see my daughter is still in one piece and I– are your eyes red? Are those tears for your long lost boss?"

Pepper only rolls her eyes as they make their way to the car.

Tony has his good arm wrapped securely around his daughter as soon as he fastens her seatbelt for her.

Not even 10 seconds after entering the car Pepper and Tony begin bickering as Cassandra is still trying to grapple onto the fact that her Father is back.

"You know what I want? An American cheeseburger, and I'll bet $10 my daughter does too – who knows what healthy crap you've been feeding her. Hey Gorgeous, you want a burger?"

Cassandra's eyes light up and she nods her head frantically.

"See! My girl wants a burger – we get burgers and then–!"

"Tony, I don't think-"

"Call for a press conference,"

Pepper starts asking a pool of questions and Tony ignores them all, turning to Happy with a smile as his daughter leans into him.

"Hogan, drive – cheeseburger first,"

"Daddy, manners,"

"Please,"

ooo a bit of cass' backstory!!!!

if you like this stuff like hey lmk! any other insights into cass' life you'd like me to explore?