012

lil question for y'all at the end of this chapter! so puhlease answer it lol

I wake up the next morning folded up in Bucky's arms.

It takes me a few seconds to register the exact position we're lying in, but as soon as Bucky's right hand loosens around my waist, I wiggle myself slightly to loosen his hold.

Slipping out slowly from his grip, I press my lips softly onto his forehead before making my way to the kitchen with a robe hanging loosely off of my body.

"Why're you coming out of Bucky's room?"

I don't have time to process the question, because by the time I notice who was speaking to me I was already jumping into his arms.

"When did you get in?" I squeal into Steve's neck, a big grin spreading over my face.

"We landed the Quinjet just after four this morning, I just came back from a routine check up,"

"Everyone's accounted for?"

"You sound like your Father,"

"Is everyone okay?"

"Yes, Sam is in the infirmary treating a dislocated shoulder and Nat is getting checked up right now,"

"Where'd you go?"

"You know I can't tell you. Why were you in Bucky's room?"

Steve's question makes me furrow my eyebrows and look at him, dumbfounded.

"You and Bucky tell each other everything, you expect me to believe he hasn't told you this?" I let out a breathy laugh.

"I just want to hear you say it," A smirk plays on Steves lips and I narrow my eyes at him.

Groaning, I slide out of his arms and take a step back, crossing my arms as I stare him down.

"Doll, are you okay? Why're you-"

The door softly closes behind Bucky as he steps out of his room and soon notices what caused all the commotion at six in the morning.

"Steve, what're you-?"

Bucky's soft, morning smile on his face only grows when his eyes leave my face and he sees Steve in front of him. I watch as Bucky embraces Steve as soon as he's close enough to wrap his arms around him.

"Good to see you're back in one piece," Bucky grins and slaps his back.

"You and me both, care to give me the rundown of what's going on between you two?"

"Uh, I-"

"Are you planning on telling Tony?" Steve asks, crossing his arms and sending us both a look.

My eyes widen as Steve asks me that question, and a lump forms in my throat as soon as I realise that I can't.

"I mean, we're still figuring this shit out ourselves, Stevey," Bucky answers for me after noticing my reaction to Steve's question.