009

MY reflection from within the elevator proves that my face is in fact, a shade of deep red.

The elevator dings open and I walk out to see Peter sitting on the couch waiting for me.

He shoots up as soon as he sees me walk through the elevator doors, spewing apologies profusely about his statements earlier.

"Pete! It's okay!"

"What? No, I-"

"I forgive you, you have every right to be concerned," I hold my hands up and smile at him.

After the wave of Peter and I are good again decides to pass, the wave of I just kissed my crush and Peter interrupted it takes over.

"But I'm so gonna kill you,"

"Okay cool because I really— sorry what?"

"No, continue, seriously. You really...?"

"Wanted..." Peter's voice falters. "Wanted crepes?" He states unsurely and I smile.

"Okay! We have crepes, I tell you why I want to kill you, and then I do!"

"What? Cass what do you-"

"But first I need to call a cab because I'm still on a car lockdown," I huff and grab my phone out of my pocket while Peter stares at me, confused as ever.

"Which crepe place?" I look up at Peter while I dial a number for the cab service.

What? I don't trust Uber.

"There's this one around the-"

"Stop! I'm angry at you! We should go to the one around the corner," I nod at my decision, and explain to the person on the other side of the phone the location.

"It won't be long 'til it's outside, downstairs we go!"

The look plastered across Peter's face proved that this was the most confusing 5 minutes of his life.

-

"Okay, tell me why you want to kill me,"

Tucked away in a corner booth, Peter sips on his milkshake across from me as people in the surrounding tables gawk at us.

"Bucky..."

"I thought you forgave me for what I said?" Peter furrows his brows. "I didn't mean it, you know. I was overreacting and it's not like he-"

"Bucky and I kissed," I force the words out of my mouth before Peter has a chance to finish his sentence.

Peter's eyes widen and the first words he can mutter are "It is like he likes you,"

"You don't know that, honestly. We were just dancing and he kissed me!"

"You danced with Mr Barnes?" Peter gawks at me. "He's like-" Peter pauses to make a stone-cold face. "And you danced with him?"

"Please don't call him 'Mr', it makes him sound, like, fifty years old," I scrunch up my nose.

"Double that number and you'd be right,"

I whack Peter playfully upside the head for that comment.

"It's true!"

"He's been frozen half his life, he's basically like, twenty. It's only two years the difference!"

"Basically two years. Literally? Eighty-two years," Peter holds up his hands, palms facing upwards, 'weighing out' the two.

"I'll go with basically, thank you very much," I grin at him before taking a big bite out of my chocolate-filled crepe.