3.3

psa: for all the namjin comments on my chapters, i've only established vkook but i haven't established anything with them because in stories not everyone has to be paired up. some friend groups are just friends and that's okay just as friend groups with couples is okay too. k thank uuu, on with the chapter

jimin sat in the back of hobi's car, one of yoongi's hoodies covering him, curled up in a small ball.

"it's gonna be okay." the rapper tried to soothe him from the front seat, reaching back to pat his hand. but it didn't help much.

in order to get to yoongi, jimin had to take the train to gwangju and meet hobi at his parent's house, so they could drive to hospital together.

when he saw hoseok, his facial expression had almost made jimin cry right then and there. he had never seen the older man so serious, it scared him a little.

"what if it isn't?" he mumbled into his knees, hands trembling against his legs.

"then you go from there and figure things out. but right now we don't know anything, so i need you to keep thinking positive or you're gonna drive yourself crazy, okay?"

"okay." jimin sighed, "will you please tell me what happened? namjoon rushed off of the phone."

a frown took over hobi's face, "we were practicing for a show tonight. yoongi hyung was really excited cause our manager told him that after it, he could come home to you."

"but then while we were doing the soundcheck, hyung just stopped moving and put a hand over his chest and he was gasping, like he couldn't breathe."

jimin shut his eyes tightly, trying to curl into himself more.

"and then he just fell, he hit the ground really hard and none of us knew what to do. we were all screaming for help, for someone to call an ambulance or something."

"was he still breathing?"

hoseok hesitated, and it reminded him of how yoongi tried to lie about how much sleep he had been getting.

jimin was tired, and worried, and he just wanted the truth. "please just tell me."

"barely."

"is that the hospital?" the raven haired man asked, but his voice cracked, and there were tears welling up in his eyes.

"yeah, we're here." the other murmured, pulling into a parking spot quickly.

"thanks, hobi." jimin whispered.

"'course, you're family now." the rapper simply said, managing a small smile.

"jimin!" namjoon rushed over to him, pulling him into a gentle hug, "how are you?"

"i'm okay." he mumbled into his shoulder, "you?"

"a little shook up still," the older man said honestly. "i've been waiting for 2 hours."

"and they haven't said anything?" hobi furrowed his brows.

"not a word."

"whatever it is, do you think it's really bad, hyung?" jimin whispered.

"i don't know, i–"

"family of min yoongi?" a doctor called into the waiting room and all three of them snapped their heads towards him.

"that's us." namjoon took a step forward.

"he's awake, you can see him now."

"what happened to him?" jimin asked quietly as the doctor led them to his room.

"mr. min had something called ventricular tachycardia. it's very rare. basically what it does is it causes the lower ventricles of the heart chamber to beat very quickly. with a rapid heartbeat like that, it doesn't give the ventricles enough time to fill with blood and as a result, the heart may not be able to pump blood throughout the rest of the body."

"there are sometimes symptoms and other times there aren't. mr. min was very lucky to have fainted actually, or he may not have known until it was critical."

"what caused it?" hoseok tilted his head.

"from our tests, it's a mix between excess caffeine and medication. mr. min told us that his team gave him medicine to keep him awake. so that very well could be the cause of it."

the doctor gave them a small smile and gestured towards a door, "he's in here. please press the red button on his bed if you need anything."

jimin, hoseok, and namjoon looked at each other as the doctor walked away.

"you should go in first." namjoon told jimin, "we can see him after."

"thank you." the youngest murmured, and when he stepped into the room, all the tears he had been holding back started to spill, silent sobs leaving him.

"why are you crying?" a weak raspy voice asked him, a shaky hand lifting to grasp his.

"i'm just so happy you're okay." he sniffled.

"of course i'm okay." yoongi tried to say confidently but ended up coughing.

jimin sat him up and rubbed his back, giving him water when it stopped.

"they put a tube in my throat." yoongi sighed, "i'm gonna sound like i smoke 5 packs a day for the next week."

"did it hurt?"

"i don't know, i was unconscious." the rapper shrugged. "come lay with me."

"we can't both fit in this bed." jimin giggled a little.

"yes we can." he insisted, pulling the other down with the little strength that he had. "i missed your laugh. and your smile, and that scrunchy thing you do with your nose."

"i missed you too." the younger sighed. "and i'm not leaving you again. you can't make me."

"i wouldn't dare."

hi babies!! i hope you liked this!! please eat something, drink some water and take care of yourselves, i love you all!! and i'm here if you need me