Chapter 12

"My king!" I cried as Odin walked in with a couple of guards. "Are you going to save them?"

"Yes, child. Now tell me, was this Thor's idea?"

"Y-yes, your majesty. Please don't be hard on him. He's just a boy."

"That's exactly why I need to save his ass. He is just a boy."

Odin was pulled into the Bifrost, revealing himself minutes later with Thor, Loki, Sif, and the warriors three. Hogun and Fandral were holding Volstagg who seemed to have a hurt shoulder. The palace guards rushed over to help them carry him, as Odin turned to Thor.

"How can you hope to protect the kingdom?" He yelled, motioning towards the guards. "Get them to the healing room, now!"

"There won't be a kingdom to protect if we are afraid to act. The Jotuns must learn to fear me, just as they learned to fear you." Thor looked unaffected by the fact that he nearly could've killed his friends.

"That's pride and vanity talking, not leadership. You've forgotten everything I taught you. But a warrior's patience.."

"While you wait and be patient, the nine realms laugh at us. The old ways are done and you stand giving speeches while Asgard falls."

"You are a vain, greedy, cruel boy."

"And you are an old man and a fool."

"Yes. I was a fool, to think you were ready."

Oh no.

"Father-" Loki took a step forward.

"Arraagghh!" Odin growled, making his youngest son step back in fear.

"Thor, Odinson, you have betrayed the expressed command of your king, through your arrogance and stupidity you have opened these peaceful realms and innocent lives to the horror and desolation of war." I gasped as he turned to start the Bifrost. What was he doing?

"You are unworthy of these realms! You are unworthy of your title! You are unworthy! I now take from you, your power! In the name of my father, and his father before, I Odin, Allfather, cast you out!"

I let go a bloodcurdling scream, watching as Odin pushed Thor into the Bifrost, powerless and vulnerable. My heart was pounding as I rushed to save him, feeling two strong arms snake around my waist, pulling me back.

"No, no, no!" I began to sob, dropping my weight against whoever was holding me.

"I'm sorry, angel. It's going to be okay."

Loki.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He banished him?" Sif gasped.

"Yes," Loki murmured. "It is unfortunate that we have to go through this, Astrid, you of all people, but we are here for you."

I didn't answer, but I just continued to cry, too upset to care. He started to sit down beside me, but I scooted away.

"I will be right back," Loki excused himself and left the room.

"Alright, Astrid, what's up?" Sif sat beside me.

"Loki told a guard where you guys went. He wanted Odin to know, he's the reason Thor is on Earth right now."

"That evil son of a-"

"Name calling won't help, Sif."

She sighed. "Whatever the reason, I believe it is to get to you."

"I agree." Fandral replied. "You or the throne. He's been after both for awhile now."

"Hey you guys," Volstagg wandered in with a chicken wing. "Did you hear the news?"

"What?" I asked, wiping my eyes.

"The king has fell into Odinsleep. The throne is Loki's now."

"No!" Sif and Fandral cried out.

"This can't happen!" Hogun exclaimed.

"I agree." Sif wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "All Loki needs now is you, but we will be here to fight for you if you need us."

"Thanks guys, but last Loki and I left off, I kind of yelled 'I hate you' in his face."

"Welp, that'll do it." Volstagg chuckled.

"But you guys may be able to get him to bring Thor back now that Odin isn't the king!" I reminded them.

"That's a good point." Fandral smiled. "Shall we crew?"

"We shall." Sif chanted. "You coming, Astrid?"

"No, Loki and I aren't on good measures right now, I'd rather not."

"Alright, we'll tell you how it goes."

I nodded and watched as they left.

Seconds passed by, then minutes. I couldn't stand it. When the four finally emerged from the throne room, I nearly leapt for joy.

"And?"

"He said no." Sif growled. "He refused to change Odin's last command."

"I swear to the gods, I am going to kill him if he doesn't change his mind!" I exclaimed, walking past them.

"Where are you going, little one?" Fandral asked.

"To see the king."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Loki!" My voice rang loud throughout the golden room.

"My, my, my, what a pleasant surprise." Loki smirked, sitting with his legs wide open atop the throne.

"It isn't pleasant now that you're the new ruler of Asgard."

"Now, angel, is that any way to speak to your king?"

"I swear to the gods Loki, I will hurt you if you don't bring Thor back."

"My king," He corrected.

"Bring. Thor. Back."

"Address me correctly and I just might."

"My king..." I growled under my breath.

"Good girl. And I will tell you what I told your idiot friends. I will not undo my father's last command."

"Would it help if I offered you something in return?" I tested, immediately regretting that decision.

He sat up in his chair. "I'm listening.."