Chapter 26

"You're-"

Loki smirked. "I'm Loki. You may have heard of me-"

Before I knew what was happening, Jane brought her hand across Loki's face. I gasped, letting out a strangled squeal as I held onto his arm.

"Loki, are you alright?"

He smiled, giving me a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "I like her."

"Come on you three let's get going." Thor chuckled, leading us down the hallway.

Loki paced up to Thor leaving me behind with Jane. I glared at her with pure hatred.

"If you ever think about doing that again, I will hurt you." I hissed through my teeth so Thor wouldn't hear.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She whispered.

"Loki. You slapped Loki."

"Why do you care? He's a murderer and a war criminal. He deserves any abuse he can get."

"That's it." I yelled, turning on her.

"Astrid!" Thor yelled, trying to pull me off Jane as I dragged her to the ground. "Loki help me!"

"So now you need my help, yet again, brother."

"Just get her off. You're the only one who she'll listen to." Thor tried to grab my arm, but I yanked it away.

Loki chuckled. "I don't know. I'm kind of enjoying this."

"Loki!"

"Fine, fine." He walked over to me, snaking his hands around my waist, and prying me off Jane. "Come on angel, you know better than that." He paused, smiling against my ear. "Although I very much enjoyed it."

I huffed as he set me back on the ground, and gave me a comforting hug.

"She hurt you." I growled.

"It was barely a scratch."

"She called you a murderer and a war criminal!"

"All true things, aren't they not?"

"Yes, but-"

He cut me off with a chaste kiss.

"Don't worry about it. I'm still yours."

I heard a small gasp from in front of us to see Jane with a shocked look on her face.

"You two-she's with-he's her-what?"

Loki laughed. "Surprised, my dear mortal?"

"Unlike you, he is capable of being compassionate and sympathetic." I smiled fakely.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Jane cried out.

"Shhh, shhh, Jane, it's okay." Thor silenced her. "Astrid, for once can you please try and be nice to Jane for once?"

"How can I when she goes around like she's queen of the world, insulting Loki and comparing him to the devil or something."

"Astrid," Loki kissed me gently on the cheek. "It's okay. I'm used to being cut down, being told I'm not important. After all, that's what Odin told me all my life."

I hugged him tightly, understanding his feelings. "It's okay, Loki."

"Loki, you know father never wanted to hurt you." Thor looked down at the ground.

"Oh sure. All I know is that my whole life I was told I was born of be a king, and that all along he had you in mind for the throne."

"Brother, I promise-"