Chapter 19

Third Person POV:

The Bifrost spun to a stop as the two princes stepped safely back into Asgard. Loki was desperately clutching a sleeping Astrid in his arms, while Thor went out to speak with his father.

"Finally, you have returned, my son." Odin spoke with clarity.

"I have, father."

"Well, I am glad you're safe. As for you, Loki-"

Loki glared at the Allfather with hate in his eyes.

"You will be sent to the dungeons until I will decide of your fate. Take him away."

A mass of guards moved forward to grab ahold of the prince, but he lunged to the side.

"I must decline that offer. Right now, I would like to take my love to the healing room, and make sure she is safe in bed before I leave her."

"No, Loki."

"Father," Thor gave him a warming glance. "Please, he's not going to hurt her."

"Thor, I said no. What is not understood, here?" Odin's voice grew sharp, causing everyone to flinch back in fear.

"Odin, I swear to the gods, if you don't let our son make sure your best general's daughter is okay, I will make you regret it." Loki and Thor widened their eyes. They had never heard their mother speak to the king like that before.

Odin, himself, seemed shocked. "Frigga, I'm sorry, but he's dangerous. He must be put in the dungeons for his crimes."

"No. He may be a war criminal, but he is still our son. I will allow him what he wants just for tonight, and that's final."

Odin didn't answer. Arguing with his queen was like trying to move an elephant. It was next to impossible sometimes.

Frigga took Loki by the arm, and helped him carry Astrid to the healing room. Once they were inside and placed her on a bed, the nurses took over, healing all of the damage the mortals did to her.

"Hello, my queen." A nurse with short red hair greeted Frigga. "My name is Vita. What can we do for you today?"

Frigga opened her mouth to speak, but Loki interjected.

"Just heal her. Don't leave anything unattended. I want her completely back to normal."

Vita stared at Loki for a moment, before turning to Astrid. "Can you tell me where she invested these injuries, my prince?"

"No," Loki sighed. "By the time I had gotten to her, she was weak and falling asleep in my arms. I do know that the mortals had her chained up, so that's what those deep cuts in her wrists are from."

Frigga gasped, watching as Vita turned over Astrid's hand to reveal her bloody wrists.

"The humans did that, Loki?" The queen was on the verge of tears.

"Yes. I couldn't believe how badly they treated her. It's sickens me to think that they would use her as a tool to get to me. It worked, yes, but did it really have to go this far?" His eyes were pained, seeing his love so destroyed. "Mother, she hasn't even spoken yet. I expected our reuniting to be joyous, and instead, she's collapsed in my arms, barely even awake to see who's holding her."

"Loki, dear, she will wake in time. But for now, you need to take her back to her chambers and let her rest. I will make sure when she does wake, that she will be able to visit you as soon as she feels ready."

"But what if she's still mad at me?" Loki felt hopeless.

What if Astrid still hated him for what he did to Thor?