Chapter 18

Darkness.

I was all alone. These stupid Midgardians had me chained up in a glass prison. I faintly remembered the torture they put me through last night, but my body still was fresh with the scars. They eventually got the truth out of me, that I did indeed know Loki, however they were pretty smart to realize that we were something more than just friends. I felt helpless, still trying to fight against them, but these humans were intelligent. Very intelligent. No matter how many times I fought back, whether it was fighting, or using my powers, they had outsmarted me both ways. One too many officers, and power resistant handcuffs. I was officially done with these mortals.

A couple hours passed. Night turned to day, day turned to morning. It was then that I was greeted by a fleet of guards. Their tall muscular bodies scared me a bit, but I was an alien from another planet to them. I had to be brave. I was carried to the man with the eye patch, who smiled at me evilly.

"Hello, my dear Asgardian. Sleep well?"

"Amazing. Thanks for shoving me in that container and completely wiping my energy. I feel fantastic right now."

He chuckled. "No wonder Loki likes you."

"How many times do I have to tell you!" I screamed. "I am not with Loki!

"Whatever you say."

He ran a finger along my jawline, and I yanked my face away from his harsh grasp.

"My name is Nick Fury, head of S.H.I.E.L.D. We are an international group that helps save our world from people like your boyfriend who try and endanger it."

I clenched my teeth tightly.

"Which is where you, my dear, come into play. You are the damsel in distress, Loki's love interest, and our goal is to make him fall to his knees begging for us to save you. We want to make him feel like he'd do anything, even stop this war, in order for your safety."

"You're sick to think Loki would ever do something like that."

Fury chuckled. "Oh, don't worry, child. It's nothing personal."

Loki's POV:

I had it all. The world was almost mine. Well, until that stupid green beast slammed me into the ground. I surely must have broken something in my efforts to stand up. Luckily, my immortality caused broken bones and cuts to heal quickly, so I didn't have to ensure much pain. I stood up with some effort, watching with saddened eyes as my army fell before me. It wasn't over yet.

"Loki," A deep voice behind me bellowed.

I turned to face Nick Fury, a small smile upon my lips. "Yes, hello, Nicholas, I don't think I'll be needing your help today."

"Stop this madness and I won't need to help you." His lips were pressed in a flat line.

A small chuckle left my mouth. "Oh that will never happen."

Nick shifted to the side, taking a step forward. "You stop the chitauri and give us the tesseract willingly, or we might have to do more than persuade you."

"And how on earth do you plan to do that?"

Fury didn't respond at first, but just smiled darkly, turning his head to the side. "Mr. Stark,"

Tony Stark strolled out in his iron suit, an evil grin plastered on his face.

"So, reindeer games, let's put this way. If you don't surrender this war, and hand over the tesseract..."

I heard a sudden screaming. Three men walked out carrying a person, the body handcuffed, and wrapped in chains.

"Let me go!" The girl screamed and I froze.