Chap 2 : Old Memories

She stopped after getting out from the hotel. Come to your senses Amber. She mumbled.  It can't be that guy. No, it can't be. It can't be Allen..OMG! My brain will definitely explode. Relax yourself Amber!...Relax!... After so many years, Why, Why all of sudden, I'm thinking about him? He's not a part of my life anymore. So, Just forget about him.

Marvin was about to move towards his chair to do breakfast when he suddenly saw a book that she might left on her table mistakenly. He bad heartidly picked up the novel with the title Looking for Alaska. He unintentionally turn the 1st page and read the name Amber. He repeated this name under his breath. In the mean time, his phone rang. Cutie name was brighting on the screen. He attended the call with a dimpled smile on his face.

Marvin- Where are you baby? I am waiting for you.

He moved towards the reception and submitted the book there.

Okay! See you dear.  He hang up and get out from the hotel.

Amber was on her way to her house when she suddenly realized that she left her book on the table. She took U-turn annoyingly and head back to hotel.

11 years ago

That day, the result of painting exhibition was about to announce. Amber was sitting on the stairs and praying to get the position so that she could prove her talent on the other students who used to say that Amber is good for nothing. She came back to her thoughts when she felt that someone is sitting beside her. She turned her face to see Allen.

Hey! Why you so sad? Day dreaming? Not bad! Like I know, you want to get the 1st prize but please forget about it. You
can't do it!. Allen said ironically.

Amber stood up before staring at him angrily and left.

Every one was present in the class. Miss Jasmine entered the class. Firstly she appreciated everyone before  giving a long speech then finally announced the result.

3rd Position- Arlena

2nd Position- Eva

Her heart started to beat wildly when she heard,

1st Position- Amber

She went up to the stage and got the prize. She was feeling super excited like she got the inspiration that she is not inferior to others. She looked down on Allen and came back to her seat. Everyone was cheering for her with a little surprise on their faces.

All the students were leaving class when Allen took his satchel, she turned to him;

Someone said to me that I can't do any thing, but I think he doesn't know that when I decide to do some thing, then I've to do it.

Then she came in front of him, pointed her finger towards him and spoke confidently,

Hey, Listen! From now on, everytime you will question my abilities, I will prove you wrong.

And then she went out from the class, leaving him behind shocked, and a bit annoyed.

*********