Chap 5 : Looking for a job

Marvin was at the restaurant with his new girlfriend when his father called him to come in the office. He was sounding angrily. Marvin was surprised to sense anger in his voice as he rarely gets angry. He left his girlfriend there and hurried to his office.

He knocked the cabin and entered inside.

Hi Dad, Dad! You are doing such a great work. Marvin did his job of flattering. You should take care of your health. I am so worried about you. You know, I'm so worried about you.

Mr. Andrew got up from his seat and stood in front of him.

My dear son.! I know very well. you are worried about me. But from now on, you don't have to worried about me. Mr.Andrew chewed every word and winked at the end.

Why dad? What do you mean? Don't tell me you are going to play some sort of trick against me. Marvin warned him.

I am going to make you the CEO of this company. Mr.Andrew finally announced.

But Dad, Why all of sudden?!  Marvin asked with a shocked and concerned tone.

Because you care about me. You want to help me. Right my son? Mr.Andrew was enjoying his condition.

But dad you know, you know what I want to do. My life is only for my dream which I want to fulfil at any cost, I can't waste my efforts of years. Marvin pouted.

I know my son. I believe that you will get your dream. But What's wrong in becoming CEO. Like It will be easy for you to acheive that thing in this way. Think about it. Mr. Andrew assured him.

Okay dad. If you think like that then I'll follow your steps. Marvin finally laid his gurads down.

That's like my son. You can join the office tomorrow. My secretary, Beth, will guide you.

Marvin get out from the office. He seemed to be stucked at a point like having an internal fight in his brain or something.  He called John for help to suggestion. But he hang up saying that he is busy with a girl.

There should be a limit. Like I am in such a dilemma and he is busy with a girl. Marvin grunted.

_______

Amber was much upset these days. She was holding a paper in which the name of some companies were written. She marked the name of a company. Now this company seems to be my last hope. She murmured while pondering something.

________

Marvin worked really hard in that one week. He was working on a file at that time when beth came and told him about a girl came for the interview.

Let her in. Marvin said while looking down at the file.

Marvin usually like to take interview by himself no matter how busy he is. He was sitting with his face towards the wall when Amber entered.

Sit down! He said never leaving his glance from the pages he was holding.

Amber sat on the chair and put her documents on the table.

What's your name? He asked in an unconcerned tone.

My name is Amber. She was getting angry by his way. As he was seem to be uninteresting.

He asked a few more questions without revealing his face.

Amber told him about her qualifications and job records.And then he suddenly turned his chair towards her and they both were shocked to see each other.

*******