Prologue - Before the Flood

Anna Camp as Lilly Donovan

To begin with, life's a bitch. Take my life for example, that is if you consider it one, I am alive (dead to the world however) and I uphold the law for a living. Hmm, maybe upholding the law sounds too nice, here, let me rephrase that. I kill people for a living. I know what you're thinking right now, Oh snap, this guy's the real deal! or, Oh for god's sake, we don't need another James Bond, Jason Bourne. To be honest, those were the exact same thoughts I had when I was first offered this job... forced to do this job. It took away my old life. My normal life. All the people I loved. It was my sophomore year of college when they took me in. It was the year where they made me a psychopathic hitman.

----- Sophomore Year -----

"Henry? Lilly? Oh my god! You guys look amazing!"

I smiled and gave Lauren a hug, "Lauren, you look great too!"

"Oh please, look at your girlfriend, she's smoking!"

Lilly smiled and fanned her face, "Oh stop it Lauren!"

"Tommy and Rachel aren't here yet?" I asked looking around. Rachel was rarely tardy; she always set a time and place for everything which meant if she was late, it must've been Tommy.

"Nope," Lauren responded quickly, "I texted them a few minutes ago, they should be here." Then, her eyes lit up and pointed in the distance, "Well! Speaking of the devil..."

I looked to where she was pointing and in the distance, I could see those two lovebirds. "Could you guys be any more slower?!" I shouted.

Tommy chuckled and jogged over to us with Rachel. "How's it going my man?" I asked bringing my fist up, "Good to see you too Rachel."

My roommate bumped it, "Awesome man! Classes are done, Spring break's here, and we're heading to the Uquais' party. Can this day get any better?"

"It better be." I laughed.

The five of us cheered and walked out of the campus. If couldn't guess, we were in college. They say college is the best four years of your life, and so far, I can attest to that. Sure, there may be grueling classes and hectic work hours, but there's always your glory moments, like getting partying or meeting new people. You never know, maybe you'll meet the girl of your dreams. As students of Halcyon Medical School, we were expected to be mature but please, we were the exact opposite of that. Everyone here were still those immature high school kids who would laugh uncontrollably when someone shouted the word, "penis".

Speaking of us, you're probably wondering who "we" were. A straightforward answer would be that Lauren, Lilly, Tommy, or Rachel were my friends. But they weren't just friends, we were a family. Tommy and I had been best friends since kindergarten. To me, he was like a brother. We were close buddies from elementary to middle school and he was always the energetic, "adorkable", cheerful one. But after his parents enrolled him into a private school during the ninth grade, our good times ended, or so I thought. But upon the day of receiving all the college notifications, I was at disbelief of who my roommate was: Tommy Smith. I had to sit on my porch reading the piece of paper over and over again for half an hour to make sure I wasn't dreaming. See, finding your wallet after you've realized you left it while drinking at the local bar on a Friday night is lucky. Discovering that you're Bill Gates' long lost brother is like another level of luck. Some things were just too good to be true right?

To get a sense of the Tommy in front me now however, first, disregard my notes on him looking adorable. Standing in front of me was a six foot, one hundred seventy-five pound, packed man. Having not seen him since the eighth grade, it looked like someone turned him into Captain America. He had the body of a cliched sports fanatic, but then again, he was in the football and wrestling team, during high school, as well as now, so I guess you couldn't expect less. As much as he changed physically, he still had that hyperactive drive. His blue eyes and mischievous grins were perfect for picking up girls. Especially Rachel Turner.