Chapter 17 - A Bloodbath with No End

(Michael Ealy as Blake Kerpan)

"Traffic cameras picked up their car at Louisse intersection." Eva hit a hard right catching everyone on the van off guard. "Eva! I said go easy on the turns!" Blake shouted holding his three laptops in place.

Louisse intersection, the borderline between the good side of town and the bad side. Patrol cops usually wouldn't dare to venture past the intersection, they might drive in a couple streets deep but after a few minutes, they'd hurry back across the border. This can be a good thing, or a bad thing for us.

"The tracker doesn't work anymore?" I asked.

Blake shook his head, "It's not giving off any signals. Probably got knock out during the fight."

"Anyone got an extra gun or something? I have nothing to fight with." Duke brought up.

Blake pulled out a duffle bag from a compartment and threw it at Hunter. Catching it with ease, Duke unzipped it revealing an arsenal of weapons. Knives, guns, even grenades.

"Here's another load if that's not enough." Blake said throwing in another bag.

"Jesus, where the hell'd you get all of this?"

Blake rolled his eyes, "Umm, safe house, where else?" Duke nodded approvingly while slipping a couple mags into his pocket.

"Blake! Where to?!" Eva shouted from the front.

Blake rapidly tapped his keyboard, "Umm..."

"Kerpan!"

"Okay! Calm down! Left on Palms Road!" The car swerved left causing the gear and everyone to tumble over. From outside, I could hear numerous cars honking at us. "Eva! I said--"

"You guys know I never passed my driver's test!"

"How's Shen and Lilly doing?" Victoria asked.

"They're fine. I just talked to them fifteen minutes ago. Apparently, Lilly's teaching Shen how to bake brownies."

"Wait what?" I asked cracking up in disbelief.

"You heard me. Shen. Baking. Brownies."

"For a guy who spends every day of his life training in the gym, baking brownies seem a bit... radical."

Blake shrugged, "Hey, you never know, maybe Shen will start a career in culinary arts. That way, he can cook us a meal every time we get back from a mission." Murmurs of agreement filled the van when suddenly, Eva slowed down.

"Eva, you forget to fill the tank again?" Duke chuckled.

Our analyst ignored the jokester, "What was Vikrum's license plate?"

"67CX12."

"Ladies and gentlemen, your destination is on the right." I leaned forward and looked through the window; on the curb was a blue Subaru Forester, license plate 67CX12. Bingo. Though something was oddly off about the streets; not a single person could be seen. The neighborhood was a ghost town. Everyone else noticed it too.

"Man, is it Siesta time already?" Duke muttered.

We sat there dumbfounded for a moment. Now we're left thinking, is this an ambush or are we just lucky? We would potentially rush up there, take down the Sicarii and take the case without hurting any innocent. Assuming this place was innocent. I wasn't so convinced after see numerous marijuana pipes and empty ammo clips lying around. But if this was an ambush...

"We gotta get up there." I said breaking the silence, "Vikrum and the nuke is up there. If we--"

Suddenly, Samantha turned towards me; her eyes wide with surprise. "Everyone down!"