Chapter 14 - Bearing the Consequences

Amber Heard as Eva Clinton

"Henry? How are you-- Why--"

"Lilly, I can't exactly answer questions right now. I'm gonna need you to come with me."

"You can't be him. He died four years ago."

I clenched my teeth in frustration. Given any other time, I would've be proud of her stubborn, independent nature but right now, I needed her to come with me and we needed to get the hell out of here before anyone else recognizes me. I led her towards the parking lot, the only place I knew was a ghost town and the only place that had an escape vehicle.

"You can't jus-- STOP!" Lilly yelled and shook my arms off, "Who are you?! Why do you look like Henry?!"

"Lilly, I-- We have to get out of here! I'll explain it to you on the way!"

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm calling the police. Stay away from me!"

Lilly fumbled her phone out and began dialing. If the police was involved in this, that would mean big trouble for me and the Enterprise. I mean, I already dragged the Enterprise into deep shit after blowing up the city mall, if the police caught me, Kane would disavow me and let me sit in jail for the rest of my life.

Before Lilly could call the cops, I cupped my hand onto her cheek and kissed her. Her body tensed up but she didn't back away. We had this thing when we kissed, a technique. As weird as it sounded, that's something we shared. Once we parted, Lilly looked at me with her light-blue eyes. The fear in her eyes was receding but I knew her guard was still up.

"Lilly, I know this is all too overwhelming. I understand the disbelief you're in right now but it's me. I want to tell you everything but we need to get away from the danger right now. Do you trust me?" I looked her in the eye.

She stared right back, her eyes full of concern but she nodded firmly. I grabbed a fire extinguisher from its case and slammed it at the window of a Toyota Camry. Parked next to the Toyota was a Mercedes Benz but I didn't think twice about that. We needed fly under the radar and off the grid fast; driving around in a fancy car would attract too much attention.

I flicked the loose shards of glass of the window and reached in opening the door from the inside. Lilly, taken by surprise, gasped in horror. I couldn't blame her, I was suppose to be dead for four years. And when I all of the sudden show up, anyone would have a heart attack. Not to mention, last time she saw me when when I was a humble, non-violent, college kid; now, I'm a ruthless assassin, a whole different person. The car alarm was so loud, everyone in the East coast could hear it. I quickly hot wired the car and put an end to the torturous noise.

"Lilly." I acknowledged opening the shotgun seat for her. She hesitated for a second but gave in. In no time, we were speeding out of the mall. I quickly took my phone out, funny how I still had it, and dialed Victoria's number.

Beep. Beep.

No answer. I tried Shen's with no prevail as well. Did they make it out of the church okay? Mentally cursing, I entered the Enterprise hotline instead.

"Hi, welcome to the Anderson Enterpri--"

Alright, skip the bullshit.

"U.S. Enterprise Agency." The operator announced.

"Henry Kingston, company Romeo Hotel Nine-One."

"Confirmed."

"I need to know the whereabouts of my team."

Rapid key clicking, "They're at the 298 Lake Ave. safe house and... Mr. Kingston, Mr. Kane and Mr. Howard want to discuss some matters with you as soon as possible."